What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: sundance or jacuzzi  (Read 6524 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: sundance or jacuzzi
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 01:02:32 pm »
Thanks Chad!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty fired up about it.  It will be a long month waiting for it.

What chemical/disinfection system would you recommend?

Chlorine or bromine?   Ozone?  yes or no?

I am very familiar with water chemistry (large pool manager for 35 years and a chemistry teacher)
I am familiar with chorine use but have no experience with bromine use.

Thanks

My mentors have already chimed in and gave you great advice.  :)

Fwiw, I use ozone, N2, and dichlor and have never had even a hiccup with my water. Being a chemistry teacher, I don't think you'll have any problems at all. You are probably already familar with dpd test kits as well. The most popular one used by us is the Taylor k-2005. It's a staple in my opinion for any spa or pool owner.

The 03, N2, and dichlor routine is very user friendly. Simply install the mineral cartridge as directed and dose with dichlor to 3ppm after ever soak and shock once CC reaches .2 - .5ppm with mps(nonchlorine shock).
Once you get more familar with your spa water and depending on your average daily bather load, you will be able to extend the periods between doses of dichlor. For instance, when I first got my spa I played it safe and always brought my FC to atleast 3ppm after every soak. Now I can go up to a full week soaking by myself everyday with just one 5ppm dose of dichlor. The O3 and N2 really do work. One other thing that I feel plays a huge part in keeping everything in line and help lower your tubs dichlor demand is to shower before your soaks. Also, I try and keep my pH between 7.2 and 7.5 b/c it allows the chlorine to become a higher % of it's killing form(hypochlorus acid), but you probably already new that. 8-)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 01:07:13 pm by WHY_NOT »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 01:02:32 pm »

sonofsail

• Hi Y'all
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 06:02:23 pm »
Thanks so much for all the great help.  I am familiar with a lot of what has been written but being new to the tub scene, I need all the help I can get.  It will be a few weeks before the tub arrives.  I will post pictures once it is here.  

Tony, how do you like your optima?
"Growing older but not up..."

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 06:23:04 pm »
Thanks so much for all the great help.  I am familiar with a lot of what has been written but being new to the tub scene, I need all the help I can get.  It will be a few weeks before the tub arrives.  I will post pictures once it is here.  

Tony, how do you like your optima?

I love it.  It turns five years old on Wednesday.  It has been all I expected and more.  As I've been mentioning, the spa has been literally abused the past couple of summers and doesn't even hiccup.  The other three seasons are much more sane, but the spa gets used almost every day.  If I were buying today, I think I would make the same chloice.  Its the perfect layout for me.    

sonofsail

• Hi Y'all
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 10:43:08 pm »
Tony

I looked around for several weeks and went back and forth between a lounger and a non-lounger.  I am glad to hear positive things about the Optima.  As I mentioned earlier, it will be a long several weeks waiting for it.  The fact that it is so hot here right now makes it a little easier to bear.

Thanks for your advice.  I'm sure I will have more questions when it gets here.
"Growing older but not up..."

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 10:52:40 pm »
Congratulations.  Your going to love your spa.  The Optima is Sundance's best selling spa.  Its been around for a long time, with updates, and is tried and true.  I had to wait about eight weeks when I ordered mine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 10:52:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42