What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Torture...Hot Tub sitting there...just sitting  (Read 7207 times)

2busymom

Torture...Hot Tub sitting there...just sitting
« on: August 01, 2007, 12:31:38 am »
I have had a trial getting my hot tub delivered.  It is dropped 18 inches into concrete Patio pavers.  The space wasn't ready the first 2 times they tried to deliver the hot tub.  Finally got everything together (third time's a charm) and the put the tub in the opening.  But now the electrician couldn't come for 1 week.   :'( So everyday I look at that tub, haven't filled it, because it might need minor adjustments.

Sigh...last night, my son and I (he's 8) lifted the cover, took out the "Magic Tree House #23" chapter book, and sat in the empty tub reading.   ::) TORTURE!   :'( Anyway, there was one thing good about doing this, I could really see where I needed privacy and where there was privacy that I hadn't anticipated.

Anyway, Thursday the electrician comes, I will start filling Thursday night and do my first water testing.  

Anyway...ideas for pre-cleaning routine I should do given that there is this unexpected delay?
2007 Marquis U630

Hot Tub Forum

Torture...Hot Tub sitting there...just sitting
« on: August 01, 2007, 12:31:38 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Torture...Hot Tub sitting there...just sitting
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:41:26 am »
I have had a trial getting my hot tub delivered.  It is dropped 18 inches into concrete Patio pavers.  The space wasn't ready the first 2 times they tried to deliver the hot tub.  Finally got everything together (third time's a charm) and the put the tub in the opening.  But now the electrician couldn't come for 1 week.   :'( So everyday I look at that tub, haven't filled it, because it might need minor adjustments.

Sigh...last night, my son and I (he's 8) lifted the cover, took out the "Magic Tree House #23" chapter book, and sat in the empty tub reading.   ::) TORTURE!   :'( Anyway, there was one thing good about doing this, I could really see where I needed privacy and where there was privacy that I hadn't anticipated.

Anyway, Thursday the electrician comes, I will start filling Thursday night and do my first water testing.  

Anyway...ideas for pre-cleaning routine I should do given that there is this unexpected delay?

Thursday will be here before you know it.  Just wipe it down with a damp cloth and fill 'er up when ready.  Many do a water change at about one month because of residual in the plumbing from the factory and heavy use in the beginning.  Be sure not to let the spa stay uncovered for an extended period of time without water, especially in the sun.  Good luck getting it going.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 10:59:40 am »
I
Sigh...last night, my son and I (he's 8) lifted the cover, took out the "Magic Tree House #23" chapter book, and sat in the empty tub reading.   ::) TORTURE!  

Really? I used to love reading those Magic Treehouse books with my boys!! ;) If that's torture try switching to something a bit more highbrow, like Captain Underpants!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Texas

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 05:04:45 pm »
2busymom....I'm so glad I'm not the only one.  I have my tub sitting on the back patio and it's waiting for the wiring too.   My daughters (21 & 17) keep asking everyday...how long...how long...how much longer.  DUH!!!  I want it going too.   :D

I haven't got in it yet.  I cleaned it up and put the cover on it but I think tonight we'll sit in it just like you did.   WHY NOT??????  Hahahahahah!!!!

We have a relative coming to do our wiring (supposed to start tonight) but the weather isn't good today.  RAINY...wouldn't you know.  We'll see.  Oh well...guess I've waiting this long and can wait a lil more.  

Good luck!!!   :)

Telila

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 05:37:24 pm »
OMG that sounds like torture for sure. I would be having a fit if it was just sitting back there! Hope all goes well tomorrow.

2busymom

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 08:02:40 pm »

Really? I used to love reading those Magic Treehouse books with my boys!! ;) If that's torture try switching to something a bit more highbrow, like Captain Underpants!

Spatech, that's funny.  I didn't mean the Magic Treehouse books, they are actually interesting.   ::)  I meant just sitting in an empty tub reading.  We all are high literary folks at my house too, as we've read all of Captain Underpants.  Now he's asking for the other classic "The Day my BUTT went Psycho" ;D

Hey Telila,

Yep!  It's rough.  I checked again today, the contractor coming tomorrow to make sure the tub is placed "just so" and the electrician will come in the late morning.  The fill will start tomorrow night!

How ya doin' Texas!?

Too bad about the rain.  I hear that Texas is getting a lot of rain this year.  Is your tub covered, so that you can enjoy (if there's no thunder).  I live in Oregon, so our rain is usually not accompanied by the "light and sound" show that you get in the South and Midwest (which I miss).

I suggest that you read to your daughters in the tub!  They'd love THAT! ;D

2007 Marquis U630

Mez

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 08:30:30 pm »

Sigh...last night, my son and I (he's 8) lifted the cover, took out the "Magic Tree House #23" chapter book, quote]
Aaaahh. I know the books well, my son (6) has books 1 thru 28, we are currently on 23 as well! I CAN WAIT to get through them all...they all read the same...I feel like brain cells are dropping from my ears while reading...then everything was still, absolutely still!  :)

Good luck on your tub, mine sat for 4 days waiting for the electrician, I prefilled the night before in an attempt to speed up the first soak time...it was torture though after waiting nearly 2 months to get it after ordering it.

Texas

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 09:36:42 pm »
Howdy from Texas!!

Well...we got rained out with a "light & sound" show.   We weren't able to sit in it.  (haha)  This rain delayed my wiring.  They were supposed to start it tonight.   I do have a cover over it.  I cleaned it out this past weekend and have it ready to go.  I just need the rain to leave!!   We have had our share this summer.  Of course, we've had a nice break lately.  Wouldn't you know it would come back when I need the dry horrible 100 degree temps.   :)

Hahaha...it's a little hard to read to my girls...they are 21 & 17 years old.  They're just ready for the hot tubIN' parties.   

Well good luck on your set up tomorrow.  I'm excited for you and hope you get it all going with no problems.  Think of me when you start soaking.   8-)   I'm right behind you!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 09:43:24 pm by Texas »

2busymom

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 10:06:02 pm »
Aaaahh. I know the books well, my son (6) has books 1 thru 28, we are currently on 23 as well! I CAN WAIT to get through them all...they all read the same...I feel like brain cells are dropping from my ears while reading...then everything was still, absolutely still!  :)

Mez,

ROFLMAO!  (I'm hoping that my son, who is now looking over my shoulders, doesn't know what this means yet!).  That was funny! ;D

Texas, thanks for the words of encouragement, I hope all goes well too!
2007 Marquis U630

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 12:42:03 am »
Huh.

I had the electrician out before the hot tab came.  Then when they showed up with the tub, the tub guys connected the wiring the electrician left for them.

The tub was full before the tub installers left, and I was sitting in hot water that night.

I had to have the electrical run ahead of time, because of the pavers my wife and I put down.  The wiring had to run under it.  See this thread: http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1157612155/ - 4th pic.  See the gray cable?  That's what I'm talking about.

-geekd

2busymom

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 12:58:00 am »
Huh.

I had the electrician out before the hot tab came.  Then when they showed up with the tub, the tub guys connected the wiring the electrician left for them.

The tub was full before the tub installers left, and I was sitting in hot water that night.

I had to have the electrical run ahead of time, because of the pavers my wife and I put down.  The wiring had to run under it.  See this thread: http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1157612155/ - 4th pic.  See the gray cable?  That's what I'm talking about.

-geekd

Hi Geekd,

Looks like things went smoothly for you, probably because you tub is above ground. Also loved what you did with your yard, it looks really nice.  I did have the electrician come out ahead of time, as a matter of fact, there was a tub on the property before, so the electrical had already been upgraded (the house is a 1924 bungalow), they ran a new gray cable, but need to run the conduit AND I had some outside electrical that I noticed doesn't have GCFI outlets, so I plan to have them change those out too.

Marquis doesn't do any electrical work like Marquis.  Also, the tub being recessed created challenge, mainly because the dimensions of the opening wasn't exactly correct and then the contractor flaked on "tapping" the floor before the first delivery.  I sure hope that we enjoy having a hot tub after all of this.

2007 Marquis U630

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 08:38:34 pm »
nice

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 09:29:25 pm »
2busymom:  I was just rubbing it in.  You'll love it.  You'll love it more when the weather gets cold.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 09:29:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42