What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Shazam!!!  (Read 7039 times)

KY Girl in OH

• I in yur sink . . . soakin mah pads!
Shazam!!!
« on: July 26, 2007, 12:33:55 am »
It's been raining here, but as stated in a previous post I have had a migraine, so since it was a very light rain with no thunder or lightening I decided to hop in anyway. All was going well for about 20 -25 minutes when a sudden crash of thunder and bolt of lightening had me hopping out of the tub faster than, well . . . lightening  :o! Didn't realize I could move so quickly. Was a great soak until then. Cool enough that a small bit of steam was actually rising off the surface of the water. I'll be a little more cautious about rain soaking after this. :-/

Hot Tub Forum

Shazam!!!
« on: July 26, 2007, 12:33:55 am »

2busymom

Re: Shazam!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 12:59:43 am »
Wow!  That's so scary.  I'm glad you're ok.  Did it help the migrane...before the big scare?
2007 Marquis U630

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 07:51:59 am »
We certainly needed the rain, it didn't hit over here till early am today. We had our soak done by 10:30 last night. Cool, but still humid.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

loosenupspas

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 04:41:58 pm »
risk it..........you were having a good soak........odds are in your favor when it comes to lightening strikes......running on the wet deck was more dangerous than the lightening........but don't do anything stupid, like hot tub in the lightening........lol

KY Girl in OH

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 11:48:26 pm »
Wow!  That's so scary.  I'm glad you're ok.  Did it help the migrane...before the big scare?

Thanks! Did seem to help once my heart stopped racing LOL. We did really need the rain. The summer has been so mild relative to what we usually have, other than the lack of rain for the farmers, it's been almost perfect.

Posted by: loosenupspas Posted on: Today at 4:41pm
running on the wet deck was more dangerous than the lightening........but don't do anything stupid, like hot tub in the lightening........

Is running on wet concrete any safer? :P  Maybe my rubber soled flip flops grounded me ;)

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 01:31:16 am »
Although I find this thread interesting, I must point out that the correct name of the wizard from the DC Comics  series is "Shazam!" with one exclamation point, not three. Only the proper pronunciation would have turned Billy Batson into his alter ego, the World's Mightiest Mortal, Captain Marvel. However, I must applaud your enthusiastic (although feeble) attempt to generate enthusiasm for this defunct series.

Sincerely,

Jeff Albertson, Comic Book Guy
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 06:36:48 am »
Although I find this thread interesting, I must point out that the correct name of the wizard from the DC Comics  series is "Shazam!" with one exclamation point, not three. Only the proper pronunciation would have turned Billy Batson into his alter ego, the World's Mightiest Mortal, Captain Marvel. However, I must applaud your enthusiastic (although feeble) attempt to generate enthusiasm for this defunct series.

Sincerely,

WORST. POST. EVER.        :D ;D
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

loosenupspas

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 04:42:52 pm »

simply....the best post ever......rolling on the floor

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 06:01:38 pm »

Ha Ha

TubsAndCues

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 09:17:30 pm »

Sincerely,

As a semi-professional nerd myself, I appreciate good old fashioned comic book references!  

'Nuff said.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 09:18:23 pm by TubsAndCues »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 05:30:48 am »
And here I thought she was tubbin' with Gomer Pyle... 8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

KY Girl in OH

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 08:47:02 pm »
Posted by: D.P. Roberts Posted on: Yesterday at 1:31am

Sincerely,

And here I thought she was tubbin' with Gomer Pyle... 8-)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I guess I was thinking partly of Gomer and partly of a Saturday morning TV series (not cartoon) from the 70's (never saw the comic, but am guessing was based on this). I was so young ( ;)) when Sat. morning series was on that I don't really remember details other than the guy saying "Shazam!". My sincerest apologies for incorrectly invoking the mighty Captain Marvel ;). Guess my near brush with death made me lose my head :P.

:DYou guys crack me up!

leaky

• Don't ask about the nickname...
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 05:08:56 pm »
I remember that series also!

There was a purple Genie of some sort, and someone also used to say, "Yapple Dapple"!

meriflower

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 05:59:26 pm »
I remember that series also!

There was a purple Genie of some sort, and someone also used to say, "Yapple Dapple"!

That Saturday morning cartoon was called "Jeannie", the big purple Genie was named "Babu" or something such.  It was a spin-off of the "I Dream of Jeannie" show with Barbara Eden and Larry Hagman.  

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 06:24:27 pm »
Meriflower, your recall is amazing (and scary!)  
Do something useful and go test your tub water.   :D ;D
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 06:24:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42