What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is anyone using a Master Spa where it snows?  (Read 7195 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Is anyone using a Master Spa where it snows?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 06:26:59 pm »
But it's often a double edged sword.  Maybe the leaks are easier to find- but there might be more of them due to the lack of support for the plumbing that full foam offers.  You'll hear that a lot- that it costs a fortune to fix a leak in a full foam tub.  But most of the spa repair professionals who post here say that most leaks are in the service bay so it's a relatively moot issue.  
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 06:26:59 pm »

saben

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 08:24:05 am »

Good Morning Saben

Can you tell me what you like about the Bullfrog spa besides the dealer. we dont have a dealer near us to look at them.

Thank you john 104 degrees

I have yet to see the Bullfrog spas in person, just researched them online. My reason between the two is strictly the dealer as these are the two lines he carries. I put my last spa in through the house and had to remove a small wall and this is where the previous owner had ran the water supply for an upstairs bathroom. My sawzall found them, and while the installers finished the spa install on the deck, the owner of the company went to his truck and resoldered the water supplies. (No extra cost). A dealer with excellent support deserves my business a second time around.
-- and the Master Spa was a Thermal pane insulation.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:34:52 am by saben »

104 degrees

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 09:19:20 am »

I have yet to see the Bullfrog spas in person, just researched them online. My reason between the two is strictly the dealer as these are the two lines he carries. I put my last spa in through the house and had to remove a small wall and this is where the previous owner had ran the water supply for an upstairs bathroom. My sawzall found them, and while the installers finished the spa install on the deck, the owner of the company went to his truck and resoldered the water supplies. (No extra cost). A dealer with excellent support deserves my business a second time around.
-- and the Master Spa was a Thermal pane insulation.

I feel the same way about people that care about you and will help you out in time of need.

If you can tell me what you find out about the bullfrog spa that will help me out alot. even if you do not buy one it will help. the bullfrog has a number of things that i like ,i do hear some things that i dont like but untill you wet test its just an opinion.

My buddy has a master lsx and its TP insulated. i think he should of went with the full foam as it does get cold here.

Thank you for you time. the dealer is going to have a great customer and it sounds like you have a great dealer.

Good luck on what ever tub you get.please post pics.

John 104 degrees

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 01:44:32 pm »

...My sawzall found them....

Good thing your sawzall didn't find a set of live 110v wires huh?  I have seen the bullfrog spas in person and even talked to the area director when I was considering carrying them in a store.  I had my choices down to 3 and Bullfrog was one of the top two.  In the end I did not open the store as other business ventures consumed too much of my time but I thought the Bullfrog was BETTER than the Master primarily because I did not get along with the ownership of Master's selling techniques of "Take as much money as you can from the customer NO MATTER what".  When I said, in a competitive market for X-sized tub, the prices are around $8K and he responded by saying that "why take $8K if they are willing to pay you $12K for the same tub"?  He basically said "try to sell it @ $12K and then if you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TOO and only after much negotiation should you reduce your price below that anywhere down to $8K (which still left about $1,500 in profit).  IMHO, the company Master is GREEDY to the max but the individual dealer's may well be priceless.  Sounds like you have a good dealer that has learned how to deal with corporate.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2007, 09:16:09 am »

Good thing your sawzall didn't find a set of live 110v wires huh?  I have seen the bullfrog spas in person and even talked to the area director when I was considering carrying them in a store.  I had my choices down to 3 and Bullfrog was one of the top two.  In the end I did not open the store as other business ventures consumed too much of my time but I thought the Bullfrog was BETTER than the Master primarily because I did not get along with the ownership of Master's selling techniques of "Take as much money as you can from the customer NO MATTER what".  When I said, in a competitive market for X-sized tub, the prices are around $8K and he responded by saying that "why take $8K if they are willing to pay you $12K for the same tub"?  He basically said "try to sell it @ $12K and then if you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TOO and only after much negotiation should you reduce your price below that anywhere down to $8K (which still left about $1,500 in profit).  IMHO, the company Master is GREEDY to the max but the individual dealer's may well be priceless.  Sounds like you have a good dealer that has learned how to deal with corporate.

I don't know about that particular area director to which you refer but I do know that the MS LSX I bought in 2004 was priced WELL below the HS Vista and Envoy as well as the SD Optima and Cameo tubs at the dealers whom I was inquiring.  How this equates to MS as a whole being "GREEDY" I just don't know...
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

RayF-1

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 09:19:36 pm »
Have had a MasterSpa LSX since fall of 2004.  Very pleased with performance and maintenance (none required).  Wife-unit and I use tub 7-10 times weekly, year-round.  Northern VA location.  Electric bill increase was what I expected - maintain 103 degrees in winter.    

Bought a "factory-second" direct from manufacturing plant.  Tub has several yellow "burns" in finish -- don't bother me.  Saved big bucks.

Local, well-established dealer let me wet test several models before my buy.  I used dealer for set-up and filter purchases.  No problems with dealer.

This said .. I know recent posts report MSpa "road-show" sales tactics.  I agree -- that approach is really slimey.

RAY    

TubsAndCues

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 11:02:21 pm »
But it's often a double edged sword.  Maybe the leaks are easier to find- but there might be more of them due to the lack of support for the plumbing that full foam offers.  You'll hear that a lot- that it costs a fortune to fix a leak in a full foam tub.  But most of the spa repair professionals who post here say that most leaks are in the service bay so it's a relatively moot issue.  

I agree, but for the record I am a Hot Spring dealer.  I don't want to get this into the dead horse category, but I always find it funny that the local Master dealer in my area says full foam is bad, blah blah blah, but it's available as an upgrade if the customer wants it.  

If it's bad, or even unneccessary, why even offer it?

Always gives me a chuckle.

Anyhoo, I always recommend it, just make sure if you get full foam that it's closed cell foam that won't absorb water.  If you do get a leak, it's found earlier by you and repaired easier by the service techs.

Good luck in the tub search!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 11:04:26 pm by TubsAndCues »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 11:02:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42