What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Summer use  (Read 6760 times)

MostlyLurkingGal

Summer use
« on: July 16, 2007, 05:58:32 pm »
I haven't been in my tub for weeks. I feel bad not using it, but it's so dang hot and humid here that getting into the hot tub is the last thing I want to do. Anyone else have this problem?

Hot Tub Forum

Summer use
« on: July 16, 2007, 05:58:32 pm »

nsavarirayan

Re: Summer use
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 06:03:14 pm »
Well Lets see its about 114 today - so yeah its damn hot for the tub.  But I will tell you I get in late at night - and once youare in and then get out it feel fine.  I think you are just not as motivated since you are not cold (like in winter) and don't need any heat from a tub.  But for therapy purposes I still try to get in.  My big issue is I have two young kids and really can't get in the tub till they are in bed - and often times I fall asleep at that time too!  So it would be nice If I could step in once during the day - but in this heat it would be suicide!

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 06:04:32 pm »
I know what you mean.  I almost can't wait for fall and cooler temps.  The other morning it was cool, around 7:00am, and I took advantage of it and went in for about a half hour, I have it set at 98, and it was WONDERFUL.  

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 06:09:51 pm »
I soak early mornings while its still cool with a cup of coffee and all that nature will give me.

Mez

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 06:56:06 pm »
The temp in Cincinnati actually dropped down into the high 50's friday night and it was great! Steam coming off the water, a million stars in the sky. I too go out at night after the sun goes down and even in the mid 70's, it is very enjoyable.

nsavarirayan

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 07:12:11 pm »
and even in the mid 70's, it is very enjoyable.

thats funny - if it were the mid 70's here (phx) I would need a jacket!  At 4AM its 92 degrees!

I can't wait till I get to see steam from my tub - won't happen till November most likely

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 07:27:56 pm »
I have been feeling the same guilt in not using the tub so much because its hot and humid.  But today, I came home from work and was determined to get in.  Truth was, it was a good soak; especially with a cold beer.  Even if it is 90 degrees outside, it was still wet and refreshing. (I have the tub at 98 degrees right now)  You just have to get over the "it's too hot to get in".  Good soaks can be had in the summer!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 07:28:23 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 07:47:10 pm »
Wow!!! I must say, I am very suprised to read these posts.  I went through  a buyers remorse the first few months when we first got the tub.  I figured out the problem to be that my wife was pregnant and I felt guilty going in without her.

Since then the tub use has gone up 100%.  We are in it all the time.  I love it in the winter, dont get me wrong.  But when I go out in the summer and dont have to contend wih the freezing weather, I absolutely love it.  We contimplated buying a pool but we just find that us and company just sit in it and socialize and drink. So with our cold canadian climates, we decided all year round would be amazing.  So we spent the bucks and got the tub instead of a pool.

Now I thought that we would not get the use in the summer, however, in the summer, I work 10x harder, which causes more stress etc.  I also get the opportunity to do special duties, which are companies and events that hire the police on their days off to do security and police functions etc.  

I have been taking on alot of these special duties lately, which include standing for long periods of time.  My poor feet not so good.  Whats better than a home therapy kit in the backyard, consisting of 98degree weather, cold beer, beautiful surroundings and bonding with my family.

WOW THAT WAS ALOT OF MUMBO JUMBO JUST TO SAY THAT I LOVE HOT TUBBING IN THE SUMMER, FALL, WINTER AND SPRING.  There is something to be said about the theraputic value of hot water on the body.  It helps with my migraines, sore feet and back, not to mention relief of the pressure that my gun duty belt and vest cause.

Going for a soak now, later.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 08:56:56 pm »
This is my first summer with a spa and I too was worried about not being able to enjoy it in the hot and humid summer months here in the STL. Turns out I'm still soakin' 5-7 days a week. Mostly between 5 and 6 am before work with a cup of joe like Tony mentioned. I still keep it above 100. There's nothing wrong with working up a good sweat in the morning while loosening up all your muscles that were just motionless for 8 hours. Especially right before my 15 minute yoga routine. Yeah that's right, I do yoga.  8-)

Im-A-Duck

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 09:11:58 pm »
I live in south Louisiana so it is very hot and humid during the summer. I have an ice machine and i normally keep a few walmart bags full of ice in the deep freezer so I will throw 3 bags of ice in the tub to cool it down 2-3 degrees. When the water temp is 99 degrees just a couple of degrees makes a difference. This normally makes it a little more bearable.  

anne

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 02:11:32 am »
I'm down to about 2x/week, but then we'll have a cool spell, and I can get in everyday. I feel bad when several days go by that I dont use it, but Rich is right- sometimes you just have to remind yourself how good it'll feel once you are in. And also, remind yourself that you bought it to ENJOY it, not stress over not using it. If I get in late at night, I have to stay up for another 1/2 hr or so; In the winter, going straight from tub to bed is wonderful, but in the summer, not so much.
Dance like nobody's watching

SpaNE

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 09:47:20 am »
Boston has greet spa weather in the summer because the evenings are often cool (60's and 70's).  It gets zero use during the day when is is hot and humid.

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 12:36:27 pm »
I soak every morning with my first cup of coffee like Tony does. I live in the Poconos, so it it in the upper 50's-low 60's in the mornings. I also have an above ground pool so even if it is warm in the mornings there is nothing better then soaking in the spa then jumping in the pool. It is a great way to start the day. :D

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 01:55:41 pm »
Here in Florida with temps in the mid 90's during the day, a noon soak is definitely out...but the morning and evening soaks are great.  With the temp set at 97 and the water temp running between 97 and 100, depending upon wind, cloud cover, cover open time, etc., an early morning or evening soak actually makes me feel cool upon exiting especially if any wind is stirring.  Agreed that tubbing in the winter is the best but summer tubbing is right behind it.  And I just changed the water this weekend...aaaaaahhhhhh!!!! 8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 04:47:31 pm »
I've only had my tub about 3 weeks.  Fortunately, I work during the day so I don't have to worry about going in during the hottest part of the day.  I do enjoy my nightly soaks particularly after a hard work out.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 04:47:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42