What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My month old Jacuzzi J-345 is dead!  (Read 10247 times)

Mez

Re: My month old Jacuzzi J-345 is dead!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 06:13:11 pm »

That sounds great.why not 104 degrees ;)
Someone already layed claim to that fame :)
I have it set at 101 right now, I was hoping that it would rise up to about 110 every night with my wife in there :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 06:13:11 pm »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 06:42:55 pm »
YES!! It is fixed. I just got home and went straight to the backyard and opened the cover and it is sitting at 102 degrees and fully operational!
I found an "invoice" hanging on my front door (no charge)...the tech tightened the transformer connection and checked all functions is printed on it, so it seems it was nothing more than a lose connection.
Now if it cools off and the humidity drops I might even get in it tonight.
Thanks for the reply.

You may want to look and see if you have a board where the transformer is soldered to the board, if so he did not fix the spa.

They are usually two bolts on the transformer to hold the weight of it from pulling on the solder joints, if the solder joints break you can sometimes tighten the bolts and make a connection again but the solder joint is still broken and your problem will return.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 06:45:47 pm by Gary »
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

104 degrees

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 06:50:45 pm »
Someone already layed claim to that fame :)
I have it set at 101 right now, I was hoping that it would rise up to about 110 every night with my wife in there :)

Get her mad and we shall see ;) :)

Mez

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 07:29:28 pm »

You may want to look and see if you have a board where the transformer is soldered to the board, if so he did not fix the spa.

They are usually two bolts on the transformer to hold the weight of it from pulling on the solder joints, if the solder joints break you can sometimes tighten the bolts and make a connection again but the solder joint is still broken and your problem will return.

Thanks Gary, I appreciate the response, I will look into that and see. If it does happen again, I am able to solder at least but still would have a tech come out and fix it per your suggestion if they havent already.

Mez

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 07:30:53 pm »

Get her mad and we shall see ;) :)
Hell, that happens all the time but she doesnt get boiling mad, she tends to turn stone cold...
Sometimes it so bad, in the summer my furnace kicks on :) <- part of an old joke but I left out the good part :)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 07:39:38 pm »
YES!! It is fixed. I just got home and went straight to the backyard and opened the cover and it is sitting at 102 degrees and fully operational!
I found an "invoice" hanging on my front door (no charge)...the tech tightened the transformer connection and checked all functions is printed on it, so it seems it was nothing more than a losse connection.
Now if it cools off and the humidity drops I might even get in it tonight.
Thanks for the reply.
Looks like you found a good dealer Mez.  8-) FWIW, my Jacuzzi dealer here in the STL is great too. Same tub and same great dealer support, I wonder if both are ladies have cute feet too?  ::)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 07:46:27 pm »
The transformer is not soldered to the board it is mounted in the control box, then plugged to the board. Dont worry it will be fine! Enjoy the spa.
  If it does it again voice your opinion to them and I am sure it will be taken care of if it comes up again.

104 degrees

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 08:11:07 pm »
Hell, that happens all the time but she doesnt get boiling mad, she tends to turn stone cold...
Sometimes it so bad, in the summer my furnace kicks on :) <- part of an old joke but I left out the good part :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Mez

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 09:30:31 pm »
Looks like you found a good dealer Mez.  8-) FWIW, my Jacuzzi dealer here in the STL is great too. Same tub and same great dealer support, I wonder if both are ladies have cute feet too?  ::)

With the exception of the 2 weeks later in shipping (quoted 4-6 weeks, took 8 to get it), the dealer has been great. I cant say anything buy positive things for the service tech, out here the next day. I just shocked it a little while ago and the water tested almost perfect, so all in all. it was a good experience with them this time around.
Dont know about the feet, but the gil I saw out there last time had a nice butt :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 09:30:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42