What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My month old Jacuzzi J-345 is dead!  (Read 10248 times)

Mez

My month old Jacuzzi J-345 is dead!
« on: July 14, 2007, 12:37:46 pm »
  I just came in from doing the weekly clean on our new J345. Turned off the power to do the weekly filter rinse, reinstalled them and when I turned the power back on at the disconnect box..NO READ OUT! I do have juice getting to it as the lights (waterfall, cup holders, etc) do come on when I press the light  button, but I have no readout of any type on the panel nor do the pumps come on.
  I tried resetting it by turning the power on and off about a dozen times, added a little water as the waterline was about 1/2 inch lower than when I originally ste it up and still nothing. I didnt do anything different this time than in the past 3 times I cid the weekly maintenence, Called the dealer and talked to a sales rep, his thought is something went wrong with the circuit board. Of course, their service dept is only open mon-fri. : (
  Anyone have any ideas? TIA

Hot Tub Forum

My month old Jacuzzi J-345 is dead!
« on: July 14, 2007, 12:37:46 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: My month old Jacuzzi J-345 is dead!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 02:16:40 pm »

Chances are it is a circut board problem,or it could be the top side itself.

Turning power off and on doesnt do much except hurt other components, the trick to try would be turn power off let sit for 10 minutes then turn it back on.  

This probably wont help but you never know,I am sure they will get it taken care of as soon as they can.

This is why I always tell customers if anything is going to happen its within the first month or so.

Keep the chin up it will work out ok.   :)

Mez

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 05:53:51 pm »
 Chances are it is a circut board problem,or it could be the top side itself.

Turning power off and on doesnt do much except hurt other components, the trick to try would be turn power off let sit for 10 minutes then turn it back on.  

This probably wont help but you never know,I am sure they will get it taken care of as soon as they can.

This is why I always tell customers if anything is going to happen its within the first month or so.

Keep the chin up it will work out ok.   :)
Thanks Jim, I will give it a try for the helluva it...that is true of electronics, they break quick if they are going to do so. It stated in the manual to kill the juice when cleaning the filter, I assume so that it wont crank up filterless if it starts a cycle. Would you recommend I not shut off the power while doing so, especially if I know the cycle times for filtration? I agree, its like a light bulb, last longer if you just leave it running.

Steelerpete

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 09:29:49 pm »
Hi, I work in the electronics field but not on tubs, is there any fuses or circuit breakers on the main board that may have blown or tripped. This will happen sometimes with power surges. Good luck!!!

Mez

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 10:30:54 am »
Hi, I work in the electronics field but not on tubs, is there any fuses or circuit breakers on the main board that may have blown or tripped. This will happen sometimes with power surges. Good luck!!!
Thanks Pete, I started thinking about a possible fuse last night myself. I know there is at least 1 fuse but I would think that if it blew I wouldnt be getting any power at all. I called yestersday and asked if there might be some type of a breaker or a jumper that I popped but the guy said he doubted it. Oh well, I guess I will call their service dept in the morning, thanks!

Steelerpete

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 10:40:27 am »
Hey Mez, I would check that fuse anyways because lights run on such low voltage they may not be fused. If the fuse is the white ceramic type it's for high voltage i.e. motors/heater, pop it out and go to the hardware store and get a new one if you don't have a meter to test it. If you have a voltage meter check for voltages on the outputs of the main board this will tell if the board is fried. Take care,

Pete

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 06:42:13 pm »
Thanks Pete, I started thinking about a possible fuse last night myself. I know there is at least 1 fuse but I would think that if it blew I wouldnt be getting any power at all. I called yestersday and asked if there might be some type of a breaker or a jumper that I popped but the guy said he doubted it. Oh well, I guess I will call their service dept in the morning, thanks!

Mez,
So what was the verdict on your problem with the spa?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mez

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 06:51:26 pm »

Mez,
So what was the verdict on your problem with the spa?

Well, I called the service dept yesterday (closed Sunday) Hours 8am-5pm Mon-Fri...I got a call at 8:01 am today (monday) at my office from the service tech. Very friendly, very apologetic that they were up North today and could not get to me until Tuesday. Reassured me they would take care of it tomorrow and have me back up and running. From speaking with him, he seemed to think the same thing Jacuzzi Jim said, either a bad board or topside, for whatever the reason. He also said the same thing as Jim stated, electronics usually go in the first month if they are gonna go...so...I will get home tomorrow and see if they lived up to their word. My water is still pretty hot but looks a little cloudy ( I had re-installed the filters and tossed in the Shock right before I hit the juice and discovered it wasnt running...so hopefully, it clears up after cycling through.
Thanks for asking, Ill keep you posted

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 06:56:40 pm »
It is not the topside.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

104 degrees

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 07:15:37 pm »

Well, I called the service dept yesterday (closed Sunday) Hours 8am-5pm Mon-Fri...I got a call at 8:01 am today (monday) at my office from the service tech. Very friendly, very apologetic that they were up North today and could not get to me until Tuesday. Reassured me they would take care of it tomorrow and have me back up and running. From speaking with him, he seemed to think the same thing Jacuzzi Jim said, either a bad board or topside, for whatever the reason. He also said the same thing as Jim stated, electronics usually go in the first month if they are gonna go...so...I will get home tomorrow and see if they lived up to their word. My water is still pretty hot but looks a little cloudy ( I had re-installed the filters and tossed in the Shock right before I hit the juice and discovered it wasnt running...so hopefully, it clears up after cycling through.
Thanks for asking, Ill keep you posted

Sounds like you have a great service team behind the spa.

Good luck 104 Degrees

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 03:07:53 pm »
So, it is Tuesday.  Is it fixed? :)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

104 degrees

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 03:55:57 pm »

I think hes in it ;) no spa phone :)

Mez

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 05:52:09 pm »
YES!! It is fixed. I just got home and went straight to the backyard and opened the cover and it is sitting at 102 degrees and fully operational!
I found an "invoice" hanging on my front door (no charge)...the tech tightened the transformer connection and checked all functions is printed on it, so it seems it was nothing more than a losse connection.
Now if it cools off and the humidity drops I might even get in it tonight.
Thanks for the reply.

Mez

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 05:55:42 pm »

I think hes in it ;) no spa phone :)
Hahaha...I wish, I was chained to a desk all day! :)

104 degrees

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 05:56:02 pm »
YES!! It is fixed. I just got home and went straight to the backyard and opened the cover and it is sitting at 102 degrees and fully operational!
I found an "invoice" hanging on my front door (no charge)...the tech tightened the transformer connection and checked all functions is printed on it, so it seems it was nothing more than a losse connection.
Now if it cools off and the humidity drops I might even get in it tonight.
Thanks for the reply.

That sounds great.why not 104 degrees ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 05:56:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42