What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Spas  (Read 13584 times)

Tom

Re: Arctic Spas
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 03:34:15 pm »
It [Coyote] will still be good quality product but wont have the nice look of the arctic and some quality I assume will be compromised.  

Well, we think it's not too much of a compromise.  Perhaps one of our dealers will comment.  Chris?  Guru?

There are a number of similarities between the two lines:  
  • self-supporting shell,
  • perimeter insulation,
  • total access,
  • energy-efficient design,
  • available with cabinet options including cedar, "no-maintenance" Eon, and Lexan
  • sealed and insulated floor.
There are some important differences:  
  • Coyote has more cabinet options at the moment;
  • 2" of polyurethane insulation vs 3" in Arctic;
  • Durathane floor vs pressure-moulded fiberglass floor;
  • more open seating;
  • some models have 110V option
  • simpler controls
  • fewer available acrylic colors;
  • jet configurations are fixed (one level)
  • fewer options
  • less extensive warranty;
  • and of course, lower price points.
I hope I did a good enough job of this.  Readers are invited to check the lineup, warranty, etc. at www.coyotespas.com
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 04:31:01 pm by Graybeard »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 03:34:15 pm »

Steelerpete

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 05:14:51 pm »
Hi, all great info. I was told that the Coyote line uses the same components ( motors, heater, plumbing, etc. ) but you save the money on a weaker warranty 3 years not 5 and less options so they can pump them out of factory faster making them more affordable. The same jet count with cedar is in the 13k+ tax range for the Arctic, where the Coyote is 9k all in. I'm pricing the Renegade model. This will be my first tub and shopping is very hard, different stories at every dealer so all the advice is greatly appreciated. Now I was told today not to get the Ozone option because it corrodes the plumbing and cover???? We dry tested the tub on Saturday and it felt great now we are going to wet test soon. If you have any recommendations please post. Thanks.

Pete  

http://www.coyotespas.com/models.php

P.S. Any opinions on the air blower for bubbles I was told that they are noisy and suck the air out of the cabinet. Now this wasn't the Arctic dealer telling me this??? I will see the Arctic dealer tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 05:33:30 pm by Steelerpete »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 06:14:08 pm »
Now I was told today not to get the Ozone option because it corrodes the plumbing and cover????

Any opinions on the air blower for bubbles I was told that they are noisy and suck the air out of the cabinet.

My opinios:

1) Ozone does not alter the plumbing. It will discolor the bottom of the cover faster but that's no big deal IMO. People replace their cover every 4-5 yrs (or so) but not because of discoloration on the bottom side.

2) I'm not a blower fan at all. IMO, they are noisy and just cool the water down (not a bad thing in July maybe) and other than making the water look more turbulent and showy on the sales floor I don't see what they add. Other people disagree and like them. Not really a big deal though because if you don't like it, just don't turn it on!  
220, 221, whatever it takes!

anne

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 01:46:29 am »
I'm a fan of the air blower! I dont use it in the middle of winter when cooling the water off seems silly, but the rest of the year, I enjoy it. I probably spend 35% of my time with no jets, 65% with jets, and maybe 1/4 of that time with with jets *and* blower. While I dont use it often, I like it when I do. It is a little noisy, though.
Dance like nobody's watching

Steelerpete

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 04:14:45 pm »
Thanks for the Ozone and blower info, went to see the Hot Springs dealer today and they have a 2006 Envoy model left for 9900+ tax and that includes the cover+ lifter+ matching steps+ deliver and set up, does this seem like a fair  price???

Pete

P.S. The dealer says that is tub has to be put on a concrete pad, any comments??? We have a 20'x20' patio with 18"x18" patio stones that are 2" thick and about 6" of gravel underneath. They have been down for 6yrs and haven't moved at all due to frost. Will this be a good surface??
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 04:24:38 pm by Steelerpete »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 05:22:43 pm »
Thanks for the Ozone and blower info, went to see the Hot Springs dealer today and they have a 2006 Envoy model left for 9900+ tax and that includes the cover+ lifter+ matching steps+ deliver and set up, does this seem like a fair  price???

Pete

P.S. The dealer says that is tub has to be put on a concrete pad, any comments??? We have a 20'x20' patio with 18"x18" patio stones that are 2" thick and about 6" of gravel underneath. They have been down for 6yrs and haven't moved at all due to frost. Will this be a good surface??

If that $9900 is Canadian dollars, jump on it as it is an excellent price.  We sell the 2007 Envoy for that price in USD.

I would say that your patio is sufficient based upon what you described, although I admit to having no practical experience with permafrost.

Good luck with whichever spa you choose! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 06:47:15 pm »

P.S. Any opinions on the air blower for bubbles I was told that they are noisy and suck the air out of the cabinet. Now this wasn't the Arctic dealer telling me this??? I will see the Arctic dealer tomorrow.

My guess is that whoever said this sells spas without blowers ;).  I enjoy the blower in the summer, but it would not be a deal breaker.  It is very popular when there a lot of people in the spa.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 07:38:55 am »
We have a blower, I could take it or leave it, SWMBO loves it.  Go figure.
 You don't have it- you won't miss it.  You have it and don't like it- don't use it.
It's certainly nothing to fret over one way or another.

Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 10:22:11 am »
My new tub has the air blower.

I don't think it add's anything to the therapy of the tub. The air agaisnt the skin give's a cooling sensation, but I agree with Brewman,   I wouldn't fret over it.
07 Caldera Geneva

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 11:53:10 am »
If energy efficiency or a quiet operation of the spa is important to a consumer, I can't see the benefit of a blower... :-/

In 10 years, I can count on one hand how many people went with that option in the tubs I sold...

The REAL benefit of a blower IMO...

For weaker tubs, they make the water really move for a showroom display... ;)

Steve

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 02:27:31 pm »
Some spas, like my Optima just come with it.  
It's integrated into the aroma therapy contraption, which to me isn't much more than a sales gimmic- I can't detect too much aroma from those beads.  
And it does add to the noise, but only when it's on.  
Usually, it's not.
Noise reminds me of what I'd expect to hear if you used a vacuum cleaner to power a large bong.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 02:29:04 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 02:47:37 pm »
Noise reminds me of what I'd expect to hear if you used a vacuum cleaner to power a large bong.

Why that's exactly how my friend described it.

Wtf?
07 Caldera Geneva

anne

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 04:57:47 pm »
I like it for the way it gets the water moving, and all I hear is lots of bubbling. I'd not use it much with company, but I like the "white noise" effect.
Dance like nobody's watching

Steelerpete

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 08:52:23 pm »
Hi all, well we bought the Coyote-Renegade and we loved the wet test ;D. The tub was very spacious plus the sit down lounger was fantastic. Now, a quick question regarding the Arctic chemicals does the owners of the Arctic spas use them and can anyone give me some heads up info. for the best product out there to make this as easy as can be, first time owner!! so all advice would be great.

Thanks,

Pete :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 08:53:10 pm by Steelerpete »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 09:07:30 pm »
Congrats on the tub.

I can't speak of Arctic chems but Doc has great prices. Decide if you want to try bromine or chlorine.

Alkalinity up is baking soda. I use it to raise both PH and alkalinity, my water responds to it in both.

Not all dichlor (if you go that route) is alike, there is different strengths - they all may say 99% dichlor but it's the active chlorine that's important. Stay away from walmart, their "spa chlorine" is cal hypo - do not use!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 09:07:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42