What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Spas  (Read 13586 times)

Steelerpete

Arctic Spas
« on: June 09, 2007, 11:05:50 am »
Hi, I'm in the process of shopping for a spa and the Coyote line from Arctic is what we are looking at any opinions out there on these tubs.

Thanks,

Pete

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic Spas
« on: June 09, 2007, 11:05:50 am »

anne

Re: Arctic Spas
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 10:25:28 pm »
I have an Arctic, and love it. I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have. I reviewed my tub in the "review" section too. That was after having it a few months, and now it has been about 1 1/2 years, and I am still extremely pleased with the purchase.
Dance like nobody's watching

Steelerpete

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 09:56:53 am »
Thanks for the reply, I'm from Canada and Arctic is a popular brand here. I like the open cabinet design for future service if it is required. What are the jets like? Did you see a huge difference in your hydro bill?

Thanks,

Pete

anne

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 03:20:17 pm »
I find the jets well placed and there is a lot of variety seat to seat. There are a couple of jets that seem to "like" to rotate themselves off, but I know which two they are, so I check them as I sit in the seat. I bought the tub for both fun and therapy, as I tend to get a lot of achy muscles from activity and stress. I have a lot less soreness and better sleep patterns than I used to! I do have a model with a lot of jets- it was a floor model, and has bells and whistles that I would not have otherwise been able to buy. It is a 2005 tub that I got in very early '06. For the first several of months that I had the tub my energy bill was about $25-$35 more. Since then, I have not tried to accurately gauge extra $$ for the tub in my bill, as rates have gone up, and I haven't bothered to calculate KWH. My energy usage would likely be different than yours, as I'm in CA!

I love the cedar cabinet, and it doesnt not look weathered at all. My cedar stairs do need yearly sanding/restaining to look nice, but that doesnt bother me. The cover seems as good as the day I got it, but it should- it is only two years old.

Any other questions, feel free to throw them my way.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 11:54:34 pm »
Any other questions, feel free to throw them my way.
How often do you soak in the buff? :-*

anne

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 01:43:10 pm »

every single day, day or night. ;) :-*

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 04:39:24 pm »

Chad, What does it matter to you. You are way to young to appreciate the ageless beauty of a more mature lady. Leave that to us that have been around several generations. ;D

anne

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 05:59:19 pm »
Hey! I'm not THAT mature!!!!!!! :-X :'( >:( ;D

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 06:35:47 pm »
Once a woman hits 28-30 years it is time to trade in for a younger sportier model.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

anne

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 08:50:12 pm »
Once a woman hits 28-30 years it is time to trade in for a younger sportier model.

Hey Gary, what about "only educated opinions"? ;)

I'm not bothered, though, because most women once they hit 28-30 are ready to trade in theirs as well for something more stable and classy. 8-)

Brookenstein

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 12:14:41 am »

Hey we haven't even reached our sexual prime yet at 30.... you would be sadly mistaken to trade us in now.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 07:49:30 am »
I live in Canada and love my arctic.  I have had very few issues in almsot 2 years of use.  I enjoy the look and the molded seating.  The tub is well constructed and well designed IN MY OPINION.  My hydro bill was very minor increase.  But you need to remember when you spend the kind of money that you are looking at, all the top brands will give you relatively the same hydro costs.

As per the coyotte spas.  They are nice, they are arctics B line so to speak.  I saw their first year production and thought that they honestly looked very cheap.  This year I have noticed that they look a little nicer but still not as nice as the arctic line.  Spend sometime and research before you buy.  I dont know how much you can afford but consider looking into the arctic line.

It will still be good quality product but wont have the nice look of the arctic and some quality I assume will be compromised.  

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 10:03:37 am »
I would agree with Bosco about the knowing the ALL the differences between the main line and the entry level...At times dealers don't make that clear and what you get is not what you thought you were buying.

As far as liking the cabinet design for easy maintenance later...don't let that be the deciding factor. We work on all brands and that system has it's flaws also....

Look at the spa for history of service and longevity of manufacturing, not who has the best sales pitch or gimmick.

I think Artic makes a fine spa but I also think that for the price there are a lot of other brands to also consider and I’m not so comfortable with their marketing…It always concerns me when dealers of any brand have a tendency to use questionable stories and marketing to sell the product.

Choose 3 or three other brands as well as Arctic and then pick them apart…Warranty, longevity, comfort, ease of use and what features really matter.

Then wet test!! At the end of the day three things matter the most…hot clean water, comfortable seating and good jets. If you open that spa and it is not hot and clean your not getting in. If you struggle to stay in the seats you will use it less and less. If the jets are weak or even to harsh and piercing or not placed well you won’t be as thrilled with using them. We all have to justify our power usage, frames, warranties and maintenance but your not thinking about those as you soak.

Good luck

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 10:21:10 am »

Hey Gary, what about "only educated opinions"? ;)

I'm not bothered, though, because most women once they hit 28-30 are ready to trade in theirs as well for something more stable and classy. 8-)

Just trying inject a little humor (and I do me a little humor). ;D
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

anne

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 10:52:44 am »
No worries, Gary.

Steelerpete, I agree that you have to make sure that the features of the Coyote spas will fit your needs. I cannot compare the two, as the dealer that I bought mine from only had Arctic. I dont know what the price/quality threshold is between the two, or if energy costs could vary, etc.

Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 10:52:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42