What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Spa Coyote or Artesian?  (Read 9800 times)

hclayton

Arctic Spa Coyote or Artesian?
« on: June 17, 2007, 01:57:56 pm »
Hi,

Wonder if anyone out there can help.  We are in the UK and looking for a mid price hot tub - about £7k.  Our choice has been somewhat limited by the lack of dealers in our local area.  We have been looking at an Artesian Island Captiva and also contemplating the Arctic Spa Coyote range but can't find much in the way of reviews.

Hot springs seem a little out of our price range - the vanguard was the model we liked but retails here for £10k which is not really in our budget.

We are wet testing the artesian later in the week though my husband is convinced it is not really good quality as it is so much less than the hot springs - and I guess we have been swayed by their marketing DVD.

Thanks for any advice
Helen

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic Spa Coyote or Artesian?
« on: June 17, 2007, 01:57:56 pm »

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
Re: Arctic Spa Coyote or Artesian?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 04:23:26 pm »
Hi - I  have an Artesian Piper Glen (this is the Platinum Series).  If your husband is comparing the Island Captiva to Hot Springs, then yes, the Captive is a step below.  Artesian's Platinum series should be compared to the Hot Springs line, although obviously it is more expensive than the Island series that you are looking at.  Artesian is not as popular as  Hot Springs, but after doing a lot of research (much of it on this board), you will find that Artesian is one of the top brands as far as quality goes......along the same  lines as Hot Springs, Marquis, Sundance, D1, and Arctic.  (I may have missed a couple).  Here in the US, I paid 10,000 for the Piper Glen (not sure how that relates to pounds).

anne

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 10:45:36 pm »
I have an analogous response to Bohms: I have an "upper end" Arctic, and while I love it, I dont know personally how to compare it to Coyote. You should read the other recent "arctic spas" thread, where there is more info. You have two good brands that you are looking at, so some of it may just have to come to wet test and your gut feeling!
Dance like nobody's watching

hclayton

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 01:59:53 pm »
Thanks for the responses -its good to know that Artesian is good quality, they are not that well known here.

The cost of spas are much more expensive here in the uk overall.  The arctic spa platinum series starts at about £9,500  (approx $18,000) and the hot springs vanguard we discounted on price was retailing at almost 10k (approx $19,000).  The artesian and coyote are much closer to our budget - we are wet testing the artesian this week so am hoping its as good as we think

Helen

104 degrees

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 02:14:54 pm »
Thanks for the responses -its good to know that Artesian is good quality, they are not that well known here.

The cost of spas are much more expensive here in the uk overall.  The arctic spa platinum series starts at about £9,500  (approx $18,000) and the hot springs vanguard we discounted on price was retailing at almost 10k (approx $19,000).  The artesian and coyote are much closer to our budget - we are wet testing the artesian this week so am hoping its as good as we think

Helen

Helen

If you live in a cold climate like i do,you need to look at the insulstion value. Arctic does its insulation very well. even in a warm climate arctic does very good to.

Good luck on your wet test and please tell us what you liked and did not like in them.

104 degrees

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 04:07:43 pm »
Be careful HClayton, some of the answers to your post are misleading.

Basically each of the brands you are looking at are of equal quality, including the insulation.

Hotsprings
Artesian
Arctic

So now that you found out you are looking at top quality hot tubs and not cheap ones, treat them as such, and shop for price, features and comfort.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 04:24:44 pm »
Be careful HClayton, some of the answers to your post are misleading.

I must have missed something. I read the responses and didn't see any that were really "misleading". I can spot some opinions but I think they were stated as such. Maybe there was something that didn't match Sled's opinion but I can't spot the "misleading" post. Anyone else see it?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

anne

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 07:08:21 pm »
Nope. (But then my opinion must be suspect as one of those perhaps guilty of being misleading ;))

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 09:58:21 pm »

I must have missed something. I read the responses and didn't see any that were really "misleading". I can spot some opinions but I think they were stated as such. Maybe there was something that didn't match Sled's opinion but I can't spot the "misleading" post. Anyone else see it?

I believe it has to do with the insulation value with a subtle hint that Arctic does a better job insulating.   Oh no...not full foam vs TP ;).  I think Sled said it well...all good manufacturers that insulate equally well.

anne

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 02:27:11 am »
"If you live in a cold climate like i do,you need to look at the insulstion value. Arctic does its insulation very well. even in a warm climate arctic does very good to.

Where is the word "better" in the above statement?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 07:46:38 am »
This will be my last word on this subject.  One COULD interperate the statement that Arctic insulates VERY well while the others insulate well.  I read it to be that way.  It seems that sledjunkie did also.  Others obviously saw it differently.  Just the fact that people are seeing it in different ways make it worthy of clarification.  I think sledjunkie did that.  Spatech t.u.o. asked a question.  He saw it one way.  I answered it the way I saw it.  The way I see it...all three will insulate very well. :)  

Tom

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 05:17:49 pm »
One COULD interpret the statement [to mean] that Arctic insulates VERY well while the others insulate well.  I read it to be that way.  
I'd certainly agree with that.   ::)

We have been...contemplating the Arctic Spa Coyote range but can't find much in the way of reviews.
Helen
Helen, I'll see if I can turn up some reviews for you.  We introduced a new Coyote line line for 2007, which means that you might find a bargain from dealers who want to clear out 2006 models, or you might find that one of the new models meets your needs perfectly.   If you haven't seen them, check http://www.coyotespas.com
Best wishes in your spa shopping
Tom
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 05:31:10 pm by Graybeard »

NJVinny

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 06:16:33 pm »
I have an Artesian Island Series (2005) and it is a nice spa. It has a shorter warranty than the gold and platinum series (3 vs 5 years) but it uses (used) the same components for the pumps as the other 2 lines. They have jets that are a little smaller than the other 2 lines but they can give a powerful or gentle message depending on if there's air injected or not.

Here in the states, Artesian is growng it seems. More dealers are poping up around me who carry them.

Artic Spas look interesting, I never had a chance to see them when shopping.

hclayton

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 11:17:57 am »
Hi,

thanks for all your posts and the great info on this forum. We wet tested the Artesian Island series and there were a couple of things I didn't like - the neck pillows seemed to hem me in and were not comfortable.  The jets were not as controllable as I would have liked and seemed a little harsh.  We also wet tested one of the tubs in the platinum series as they had the last model of the heron bay on offer at just £800 more than the Island.  The feel of the jets, controllability and quality of the tub persuaded us so we made a snap (hopefully not regrettable) decision.  It arrives on Thursday so will let you know if it lives up to expectations

Helen

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 12:28:02 pm »
Hi,

thanks for all your posts and the great info on this forum. We wet tested the Artesian Island series and there were a couple of things I didn't like - the neck pillows seemed to hem me in and were not comfortable.  The jets were not as controllable as I would have liked and seemed a little harsh.  We also wet tested one of the tubs in the platinum series as they had the last model of the heron bay on offer at just £800 more than the Island.  The feel of the jets, controllability and quality of the tub persuaded us so we made a snap (hopefully not regrettable) decision.  It arrives on Thursday so will let you know if it lives up to expectations

Helen
[size=72]CONGRATULATIONS[/size]

I wet tested a few tubs in the Platinum series and really liked them alot. If money wasn't a factor, I probably would be in a Piper Glen right now. Unfortunately it was, so I had to find a tub with the most bang for the buck and in my opinion the Jacuzzi 300 series fit the bill the best. I got a J-345. Congratulations again and don't forget to post a few pics once it arrives.

Cheers,

Chad

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 12:28:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42