What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Brand  (Read 4189 times)

spark96

Jacuzzi Brand
« on: May 29, 2007, 11:38:33 am »
 >:(
Well I thought we would spend a little extra to get a better Hot Tub, and buy one that has a great warranty....  Well we have had numerous issues with this unit.  Two bad pumps, Breaking Jets, Leaks, Waterfall lights going out, and most recently the Waterfall light assembly losing one color LED.  Turns out that the 5 year Electrical Warranty really does not cover all the Electrical stuff, only what they consider to be the major components.  So another waterfall down, another $200 down the drain.  Just think there is a bigger issue if these are failing in a little over a years worth of time.  I have friends that purchased units for less than 1/2 the price and have had NO issues in longer periods of time.  I would definitely NOT RECCOMMEND a Jacuzzi Brand Unit.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Brand
« on: May 29, 2007, 11:38:33 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Jacuzzi Brand
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 12:16:38 pm »
Sorry to hear about your problems, but this type of thing can (and does) happen to all spa brands.  Jacuzzi overall is a quality unit.  Sadly, you got a problematic one.

Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 12:36:17 pm »
Spark,

Wow, that is unsual.  How long have you had the tub? What does the dealer say?
07 Caldera Geneva

spark96

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 12:37:09 pm »
     I understand that they all have problems, but one contributing factor to the purchase of this unit was the warranty and the way it was explained was very misleading.
     The problems are no big deal as long as they fix them.  In this case that hasn't happened, one assembly is understandable, but two of them failing is not acceptable when you put this kind of money in a unit.  There are allot of units out there that have very similar options, and cost allot less, they just don't have the name, and I thought they didn't have the warranty either, but apparently Jacuzzi’s warranty isn't a whole lot better.....Very Disappointed.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 12:40:17 pm »
Just out of curiosity, what sanitation system have you been using?  
Dichlor, Bromide, Baqua or other?
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

spark96

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 12:41:03 pm »
The dealer said its out of warranty, I think we have had it almost 3 years.  The first assembly died at about the one year mark, and they replaced it- Same problem, but they replaced it with a different style.  Just seems odd to me to have repeat problems, in this amount of time, most people say they have never had a problem with the lighting assemblies, so I don't know what the issue is with mine....

SpaNE

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 12:41:11 pm »
Totally unacceptable.  There should be a spa lemon law.  What is your dealer willing to do to help you out?

spark96

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 12:42:55 pm »
Nature 2, w/ the small amounts of chlorine.  We barely even use the tub- Lucky if its once a month that its used.  Always check the water though...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 12:46:42 pm »
Well I thought we would spend a little extra to get a better Hot Tub, and buy one that has a great warranty....  Well we have had numerous issues with this unit.  Two bad pumps, Breaking Jets, Leaks, Waterfall lights going out, and most recently the Waterfall light assembly losing one color LED.  Turns out that the 5 year Electrical Warranty really does not cover all the Electrical stuff, only what they consider to be the major components.  So another waterfall down, another $200 down the drain.  Just think there is a bigger issue if these are failing in a little over a years worth of time.  I have friends that purchased units for less than 1/2 the price and have had NO issues in longer periods of time.  I would definitely NOT RECCOMMEND a Jacuzzi Brand Unit.

Sounds like you have had your share of problems, Jacuzzi's as whole do not have that many problems such as yours but it does happen.

As far lights on the waterfall go we replace about 3 if that a year and WE cover them under warranty for the full 5 years as well as other components that are typically only a year.

To me it sounds as if your dealer is taking care of things as they arise but I am not sure you should be paying for waterfall/light issues happening for the 2nd time around,you might voice that to your dealer (loudly) if you have not already.

What model is it and how old is it??

spark96

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 12:59:20 pm »
I think its a J-350, not sure I'd have to look, but it's right around the 3 year mark.  I would have thought they would cover it as well, being that they know the history of issues that I have had with the unit...  But Even Jacuzzi Customer Care didn't care, even when I explained the history of problems I've had with the unit.  I just feel like I got a Lemon, they say the problems I have had are rare, yet I've had them happen not only once, but twice.  The pump that died, they replaced, and it broke the next day!  Now round 2 for the waterfall..

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 01:09:13 pm »
I think its a J-350, not sure I'd have to look, but it's right around the 3 year mark.  I would have thought they would cover it as well, being that they know the history of issues that I have had with the unit...  But Even Jacuzzi Customer Care didn't care, even when I explained the history of problems I've had with the unit.  I just feel like I got a Lemon, they say the problems I have had are rare, yet I've had them happen not only once, but twice.  The pump that died, they replaced, and it broke the next day!  Now round 2 for the waterfall..

If your light in the waterfall goes out again PM me I will send you one,it takes less than 1/2 hour to replace it.  As far as pumps go I have seen a few fail after installing new ones it happens but not very often.

I hope you dealer is installing the new style waterfall light and not the old style?

The way to tell is, if its looks like a thin circut board under the waterfall its old style and should no longer be used.  The new style will look like a circut board in a formed plastic acrylic tray.

spark96

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 01:20:57 pm »
Problem is the Dealer will not cover it under warranty, and Jacuzzi does not seem to care either, so I have to cough up $200 out of pocket if I want it replaced.  I think thats a bit high, especially for a repeat problem.  I haven't scheduled a visit yet, I was going to look for the part elsewhere if Jacuzzi would not cover it, which is where I guess I'm at now.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 02:48:41 pm »
Read your warranty and see what is covered and for how long. If you are within that time frame and they will not take care of it I would file a complaint with your local District Attorneys office.

If you are outside of the warranty you should expect nothing, but a lot of companies will help if they know you had repeated problems.

If you call corporate again be as nice as you can, if you are loud and rude with them that usually gets you less if anything.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 03:01:24 pm »

Sparky - Sorry to hear your having problems but you can (could of) probably gotten the waterfall issues fixed for free.  The electrical is short but the REASON the electrical had an issue is a "LEAK" which carries a 5 year warranty.  The leaky gasket in the waterfalls is a KNOWN issue on some older Jacuzzis (2-3 years old)
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 02:24:17 pm »
I also have a J-350 and have had it about 4-5 years.

No "MAJOR" problems....  replaced some jets that "I" broke while removing them for cleaning.   I called Jacuzzi directly for replacements, since my dealer did not have them and would not "bother" getting them.  But Jacuzzi sent me 5 replacements FREE as a gesture of customer good will.

The jets have been problematic, in that, they continually stop twirling due to grit getting inside the jet.

I also had repairs to the little hooks that hold the filter cove rin place, but that was under warranty.

The largest expense I've had so far, is replacing the Ozonator, which you can definately lok forward to doing because they all burn out after a period of time.  In fact, if it's been 2-3 years for you, I am very surprised that you have not had to replace your already.  You might want to check to make sure it's working.

It sounds like you got a cranky Cust. Svc person at Jacuzzi.  Try calling back a couple of times in hopes that you get a rep. in a good mood.  If not, I would keep escalating this up the ladder at Jacuzzi until you get some satisfaction.  It sounds like your unit should still be under warranty for this repair.

If you still have no luck with Jacuzzi.... try your States Atttorney office, they often have a consumer protection division that may help you out.  After that, perhaps small claims court.

I hope you get this resolved.

Tim
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 09:14:59 pm by pratzert »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 02:24:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42