What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: jets on vs jets off  (Read 3084 times)

webboy

• hey bub
jets on vs jets off
« on: May 24, 2007, 06:14:56 pm »
Ok,

I was questioning a few hot tub owners on jet usage and I was suprised to find out that most people turn their jets off 5 min into their soak if they turn them on at all. My question to the masses is: how long do you soak with the jets on? I understand that everybody probably uses them, and enjoy having that option, but I assumed that once I get my hot tub that I would soak with the jets on all the time...

PS I am laying conduit and working on the patio where my hot tub will sit...maybe 4 more months till I can really jump in and comment like I know something. :-?

Hot Tub Forum

jets on vs jets off
« on: May 24, 2007, 06:14:56 pm »

MostlyLurkingGal

Re: jets on vs jets off
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 06:25:02 pm »
I use the jets only for a short time when I'm in the tub...most the time I'm just soaking in the hot water.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 06:33:48 pm »
I use the jets only for a short time when I'm in the tub...most the time I'm just soaking in the hot water.

I'd say the jets are on about 5% of the time, MAYBE 10%. My wife NEVER turns them on; I like to run them a few minutes but that's about it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 06:57:45 pm »
I have them on for 95% of the time while I'm in the tub. A typical soak for me is 15 minutes long.

nsavarirayan

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 07:00:44 pm »
I agree with Webboy - i think i would have the jets on all the time - or maybe turn them off for the last 5-10 minutes I am in the tub?

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 07:09:53 pm »
This is a question I asked a lot of consumers through the years and I would think about 75% used them a lot at first but after owning for a while they are on very little to never.

What got me asking this question is when many spa manufactures are pushing the amount of jets and HP. I came to realize it is not as important as most thought when they were shopping.

Myself I prefer the low speed of the pump, I rarely use high speed.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 07:22:53 pm »
I run the 10 minute clean cycle and then soak. :)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Mez

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 08:28:38 pm »
I run the 10 minute clean cycle and then soak. :)

After reading this I am glad I didnt opt for the bigger model with more jets! J-345 with only 27 jets total...I hope I am not like all you guys and barely if ever use them...I could have saved thousands and just soaked in a bathtub :)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 09:14:49 pm »
I really can't beleive those figures Gary. That's crazy! I guess it just seems weird to me because I have a manual laboring job and even at the ripe age of 24 I have muscles aches everyday. Not to mention sore muscles after exercising. Heck, that's why I bought the thing, hydrotherepy. That just goes to show that most people don't think long term when spending this kind of money. I know I wouldn't have dropped $6K+ for a hot tub only to use it as an outdoor bathtub a year later.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:17:16 pm by WHY_NOT »

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 09:40:30 pm »
Chad, you are young......maybe you have too much energy to just sit in a calm hot tub with a libation (or 2) of choice...... and just r e l a x........ ;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 10:50:56 pm »
The HUGE misconception is that there needs to be lots of jets for a tub to be therapeutic. There are so many benefits to emersing ones body in hot water that you would be shocked. The jets do help work certain muscle groups and it's sad that so many are oversold on this key aspect of purchasing a spa.

Interstingly enough, jet count largely effects the price tag due to cost of plumbing the spa and increased horsepower required to run those large number of jets.

Another case where more is not always better...

If we're in the spa, the jets may be on for the first 5-10 minutes. Many times I just soak in peace in the hot water and find that most relaxing and therapeutic!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 10:52:19 pm by Steve »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 11:41:22 pm »
I turn on the jets 95% of the time when I'm alone in the tub. When it's me and the wife it's zero percent? She HATES the jets for some reason. I don't get it??????
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:43:50 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 11:54:42 pm »

I turn on the jets for about 10min then off for the rest of the time.  I'm usually in the tub for about 45min.  I think the warm water is relaxing, and no, it's not like a tub.  You can't sit in a tub outside and listen to the night sounds.  I usually go in at night when it's quiet.  Around 10:00 pm.

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 12:10:09 am »
My spa has 40 jets. During the first 1/2 of my 1 hour daily soak I am thoroughly back-massaged in the seats and the lounger. The spa has a whirlpool jet on pump 1 and a volcano jet on pump 2. During the 3rd quarter I use the whirlpool jet on my back and shoulders. Finally in the 4th quarter I thoroughly massage my calves and thighs by hovering over the volcano jet while oohing and aahing.

But sometimes I just soak with the whirlpool jet wafting water over my belly and chest with music softly playing as I dreamily compose poetry which I may remember to write down...or not.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 08:38:54 am »
A typical soak for me is 15 minutes in each of the 3 "major" seats in the tub with jets on high then 15 minutes (or more if I doze a bit!) of "quiet" soaking.  So about 75% of the time I like jet therapy.  I guess that's why I value tub therapy so much...a major consideration for my tub purchase. 8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 08:38:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42