What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Aquafresh (tm) or Everfresh (tm) experience  (Read 4413 times)

96SC

Aquafresh (tm) or Everfresh (tm) experience
« on: June 02, 2007, 10:41:07 am »
We are finally in the final stages of selecting a hot tub.  While looking through the HS website it mentions Aquafresh and Everfresh systems for the water.  Do any of you have any experience with either?
I did a 'search' on the site for both but there wasn't anything available.
It looks like one of them (Everfresh?) deals with ozone but I couldn't determine what the other one is about besides adding chems.
If anyone (proponents, opponents, dealers, etc.) has any info on them please put in your 2¢.

Thanks
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

Aquafresh (tm) or Everfresh (tm) experience
« on: June 02, 2007, 10:41:07 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Aquafresh (tm) or Everfresh (tm) experience
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 11:00:43 am »
http://www.hotspring.com/Hot_Tub_Accessories/spa_water_care_maintenance.html

The EverFresh® system is a pure, natural approach to water care. It reduces the need for chlorine and bromine. You can leave your spa unattended for longer periods of time, change the water less often, and save time and money.

The New AutoFresh™ Water Care System
We design our spas with the understanding that you'd rather be enjoying the warm soothing water rather than working to maintain it. Once again, Hot Spring® Spas has defined relaxation with the introduction of the next generation in water care—the revolutionary AutoFresh water care system. AutoFresh automatically dispenses the required amount of chlorine-free sanitizer into the spa water, so you can enjoy virtually maintenance-free water care!
Check out our AutoFresh demo to learn more.

EverFresh is Nature2.  AutoFresh is automatic BaquaSpa feeder.  

You will find most people here use some version of Nature2, ozone, non-chlorine shock and some dichlor, which is the EverFresh System.

AutoFresh is new this year.  Works great.  I don't know of too many sold, so you will not get too many answers.  I use it at home and have great water.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 11:01:14 am »
When I was shopping my new Envoy last year, I looked at the Aquafresh system (which is a self dosing Baqua system only) but passed on it for the following reasons:  1. Found it too expensive (about $1,200.00 extra, plus the costs of special chemical refills, if I remember) and 2. I am on well water which the dealer did not recommend with Baqua.

The Everfresh system is a bit of misnomer, I think.  Basically, it means the tub uses Ozone (which is standard on all HS tubs now) and Dichlor/MPS for dosing and shocking and the N2 cartridge.  As far as I know, the only other component of the Everfresh system is the pre-filter that you use when filling your tub.  I had been using this pre-filter for the past 12 years anyway.  There are the other usual chemicals that carry the Everfresh name, but this seems to be the HS brand. (ph up, ph down, etc)

Finally, I'm glad I passed on the Aquafresh system because the more I hear about Baqua, the less I like it.  It seems it is easy to overdose, there is a scum ring problem and there are questions as to its effect on some plastics.  I am in the "wait and see" camp (for about another 10 years) on Baqua.  :-/

And personally, I like the Dichlor/MPS system anyway.  Dosing after each use leaves no chemical smell when you are ready to use it again.  This is much nicer than my old bromide floater system where I could have some chemical odor on occasion.

I say drop the Aquafresh and get the SpAudio instead!!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:03:23 am by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 11:01:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42