What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozonator or no Ozonator? And cover lift ?  (Read 2511 times)

Giant96

Ozonator or no Ozonator? And cover lift ?
« on: May 25, 2007, 04:27:00 pm »
I purchased the jacuzzi J-335. Should I buy the add on option for $350 which includes an ozonator and cover lift installed? I think the cover lift is just painted steel and I think it would rust in the long run. Or should I just purchase a cover lift and install it myself..does anyone know where to purchase a powdercoated one? Im not sure about the ozonator if it is worth it. Thanks for any opinions!

Here is the ozonator they install:

http://www.jedengineering.com/new_jed.htm
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 05:22:23 pm by Giant96 »
Jacuzzi J-335

Hot Tub Forum

Ozonator or no Ozonator? And cover lift ?
« on: May 25, 2007, 04:27:00 pm »

Mez

Re: Ozonator or no Ozonator? And cover lift ?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 04:57:04 pm »
I purchased the jacuzzi J-335. Should I buy the add on option for $350 which includes an ozonator and cover lift installed? I think the cover lift is just painted steel and I think it would rust in the long run. Or should I just purchase a cover lift and install it myself..does anyone know where to purchase a powdercoated one? Im not sure about the ozonator if it is worth it. Thanks for any opinions!

I ordered a J-345 last month (still waiting for it...5 weeks and 4 days now!)...they included the ozonator in the price of the tub..it is a c/d version and the dealer instlls it on every tub he sells even though the Jacuzi brochure refers to them as optional. I was initially told by the first salesperson the lifter was included but when I went back to buy the tub the 2nd salesperson said that was not the case. They sell 2 versions, the covermate 1 that sits up high on the sides and has cylinders to ease the opening of the cover ($299 list) and the other lift is just the regular variety that mounts low on the sides and has the "foot bar" on it ($199 list). He told me he would sell me either model for $150 and install it. At first, I though I would just buy one online or on ebay, but the price with shipping about equaled out so I'll just fork over the $$ to the dealer and let him install it...not that the install would be difficult. I have not seen any that were powder coated, all painted steel...I'm sure they will rust with time

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 07:17:03 pm »
If you are getting a CoverMate1 as the lifter with the ozonator, go for it.  

If its an inferior lift I would consider passing on the whole deal.  speaks to the quality of the entire transaction.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Mez

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 07:38:58 pm »
If you are getting a CoverMate1 as the lifter with the ozonator, go for it.  

If its an inferior lift I would consider passing on the whole deal.  speaks to the quality of the entire transaction.

I just looked at my sales agreement and they have it listed as a Coverlift I and a Coverlift III, not sure if it is the actual Cover Mate series or not...I did do a search and the Cover Mate III is available on my dealers online store for $249.95 with free shipping. The ad does state that it is powdercoated aluminum, not painted steel like I had said in my previous post.
I just want the thing delivered...4-6 weeks seems like an eternity! Every night I go out after sunset, looking at the empty pad I poured and get sad :(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 07:38:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42