What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Problems!!!  (Read 2566 times)

Im-A-Duck

Problems!!!
« on: May 02, 2007, 05:58:09 pm »
Today I drained cleaned and rifilled my Caldera Martinique. When I kicked on the breaker to prime the pump nothing happened but the 30amp breaker kicking off. The 20 amp for the heater does not trip, just the 30amp. It kicks off about 10 seconds after I turn on the breaker. I unplugged the wires for both of my pumps and it still does this. I noticed when I kick on the breaker and I go to the spa's control panel that there are no lights on the panel and when it kicks off it blinks on then off when the breaker trips. I talked to the dealer and he is trying to tell me that my pumps aren't getting prime.... DUHHH redneck, it's not even getting juice to prime the pumps. I called Caldera and we came to the conclusion that when washing the spa water could have gotten into the control panel. My dealer is 250 miles away so they are looking a local tech to come out.  Anyone has had this problem before????

Hot Tub Forum

Problems!!!
« on: May 02, 2007, 05:58:09 pm »

Pathfinder

Re: Problems!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 06:19:44 pm »
sounds like a blown BUSS fuse  

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 02:23:35 pm »
I would unplug the ozone, unplug the topside and blow it out, leave the ozone unplugged and give it a try.

if you have a  Circ pump it could have gotten wet so you might unplug that and see if the 30 amp would reset.

Does this spa have a blower? That is another potential. Often I have people in remote areas unplug components one at a time and then reset. Always replug what you've already tried before unplugging the next.

I also thought the heater was on the 30 amp.... often when you drain and refill a spa you can cause a "dry fire" in the heater and have a failure.

If you shut off power and open the box you can trace the wires to see where they go.

Once you've located components than just (with power off) unplug, reset breaker and keep going through one at a time until you find the error.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:25:40 pm by stuart »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 02:23:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42