What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: So is it important to have a nearby dealer?  (Read 4156 times)

SunburyGirl

So is it important to have a nearby dealer?
« on: April 28, 2007, 05:19:12 pm »
Thanks for all your recent replies to my little hot tub question! Some of the tubs that have been suggested don't have nearby dealers (I live in Sunbury Ohio). How important is this and how nearby do they need to be? (I know some charge travel fees, etc.) Thanks for your help!

Hot Tub Forum

So is it important to have a nearby dealer?
« on: April 28, 2007, 05:19:12 pm »

D.P. Roberts

Re: So is it important to have a nearby dealer?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 09:23:32 pm »
Do you live in the Sunbury north of Columbus or the Sunbury south of Dayton?

If you're in the central Ohio area (more or less), I can tell you that Hot Springs, Caldera, Artesian, Sundance,
and Jacuzzi all have dealers in this area. Hot Springs and Caldera are at Scioto Valley (you may have seen their commercials), while Sundance and Jacuzzi are at All Seasons Spas. Both stores are in Hilliard. I know that might be kind of a long drive for you, but since the stores are a few hundred yards apart you could visit both of them at the same time. I have dealt with All Seasons before and definitely trust them. I've not dealt with Scioto Valley before, but they've been in business (and carried the same brands) for many years.

As for the fees (again I'm assuming that you're in central Ohio), you're about as far from these 2 dealers as I am. All Seasons did not charge me an additional fee for delivery, I think Scioto Valley was going to charge a small additional fee (but that may be something they wave if you're more serious about buying than I was).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 09:29:42 pm by KevinofOH »
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 11:45:04 pm »

As for the fees (again I'm assuming that you're in central Ohio), you're about as far from these 2 dealers as I am. All Seasons did not charge me an additional fee for delivery, I think Scioto Valley was going to charge a small additional fee (but that may be something they wave if you're more serious about buying than I was).

Check out the spas and once they know you're interested and you're going to start negotiating bring it up and then ask for it in writing on the invoice. Too often this is discussed after the deal. I'm not sure I'd let this be a major decider but you certainly want to cover it thoroughly.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

SpaNE

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 08:52:59 am »
How important is this and how nearby do they need to be?

Well...if they throw parties like Term, you want to live pretty close or make sure you have a designated driver. ;)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 08:54:24 am by SpaNE »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 05:40:56 pm »
Support is a key factor in this purchase and I suggest you have a clear understanding of your expectations prior to signing. Free water analysis and warranty service with no travel fees would be important.

Steve

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 07:44:18 am »
Thanks for all your recent replies to my little hot tub question! Some of the tubs that have been suggested don't have nearby dealers (I live in Sunbury Ohio). How important is this and how nearby do they need to be? (I know some charge travel fees, etc.) Thanks for your help!

Close enough for you to be able to do whatever business you need to do with them- there isn't a pat answer in how many miles, etc..

It's certainly something you'd want to discuss when you look at spas.  Extra charges for service calls has been mentioned.  Distance may also affect the time it takes to get service out there.  Where will you buy chemicals, filters, etc..,  and are you willing to travel longer distances for this or do you have another source?

Brewman

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 07:57:46 am »
My dealer is 60 miles away.  I'm on the east side of Cleveland and he is on the west side of Youngstown.  True I don't use him for water testing but I don't have a problem with my water and I coud always go to a local shop if I needed to.  I use him for all my chemicals and buy them when he has his spring sale (25% off).  That way I see him and keep in contact if I need anything.  I have needed him a few times.  Once both punps went out and he can within 48 hrs.  I broke a diverter handle and he came within the week.   My skirt faded and was replaced under warrenty.  I told him there was no rush and he came in 2 months.....no problem.  He does charge now a service fee but its 120 miles round trip not counting a toll both ways so I think thats OK.   The most important things are wet testing to make sure you are happy with the tub and know the dealer and feel comtfortable with him.  

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 09:31:21 am »
The most important things are wet testing to make sure you are happy with the tub and know the dealer and feel comtfortable with him.  
This statement describes it in a nutshell.  If you are not satisified with the therapy of your tub, a dealer, no matter how great he/she may be, will be able to satisfy you.  On the other hand, should you choose a tub from a poor dealer, your tub experiences could be a significant challenge.  I would say tub therapy first with dealer comfort a very close second.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 10:27:46 am »
Be careful. Many on this board will tell you it's important but remember there are mostly all dealers on this board.

Shop around for price. I traveled close to 2 hours away for my tub and brought it home on my flatbed. It pays to shop around when it comes to buying a hot tub.

You will find alot of hot tub salesman are snakes.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 10:31:12 am »
Hey Sunbury Girl,
Case and point. See recent thread named "A Helluva Party".

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 10:36:49 am »
Hey Sunbury Girl,
Case and point. See recent thread named "A Helluva Party".

Explain what the point is please.  I understand your position and you represent some customers.  I have found that many customers buy from us and we never see them again although we are near by.  However, most customers (not all) enjoy the peace of mind that they have a relationship or the security of having someone near them who has a vested interest in their continued satisfaction with their hot tub.

Yes, I am a dealer.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 10:41:45 am »
Snowmobile season must be over.   ::)  

Sunbury,  

Tubs are expensive. A good dealer will accommodate you and allow you to wet test the model you want, and take the time to get you the right tub for you - not sell the best tub for him. A good dealer can make the delivery and installation process goes smoothly and helps you out down the road.  The last thing you want is a problem with the tub, the only thing that makes it worse is a lousy dealer.  

IF the dealer isn't close by, ask about trip charges; maybe see if they have any other customers in your area? Perhaps you could even speak to a few? Take the time  and discuss if they have any concerns servicing you, since you are significantly further away,  discuss trip charges.

How far away are we talking?

I would buy the tub I wanted with quality first, and then choose the best dealer that offers the tub. But the final eqation is Qualtity Tub from a Quality Dealer.    

IF it's a toss up between two tubs, having the dealer close by would tip the scales.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 10:48:01 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 10:42:27 am »
See Blower won't go on thread.  

Not only should you buy from a local dealer, make sure he is not clueless. ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 10:42:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42