What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What about the models that seat 2-3 peopl? Help!!!  (Read 5273 times)

SunburyGirl

What about the models that seat 2-3 peopl? Help!!!
« on: April 28, 2007, 09:32:52 am »
Hi I'm a newbie, but have been researching hot tubs for years (awaiting my financial windfall!).

I live alone now and am interested in a two-three person quality hot tub with great hydrotherapy potential (arthritis, working out and lots of gardening equal a sore SunburyGirl). I'd like a good filtering system using ozone or equivalent, a high standard of construction with regards to shell, insulation, heater, pumps, etc. I am not a handyman so need something that doesn't need tweeked and fixed twice a year. I realize that I need to do wet tests and after having done some totally agree that you can't judge a tub without it.

So...! Can all of you experts weigh in on spas you think are good bets for what I'm looking for? Thanks so much!!!

Hot Tub Forum

What about the models that seat 2-3 peopl? Help!!!
« on: April 28, 2007, 09:32:52 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: What about the models that seat 2-3 peopl? Hel
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 10:19:15 am »
The Hot Spring Jetsetter is one of our best sellers.

http://www.hotspring.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tub/spa_model_jetsetter.html

:)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 12:05:35 pm »
This is the tub for you...The Jacuzzi J-315

« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 12:08:11 pm by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

SunburyGirl

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 12:17:00 pm »
Can you back up these opinions with specifics about why you recommend these tubs? Thanks!   :)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 12:50:59 pm »
Welcome Sunburygirl,

I sell Coleman and Jacuzzi spas, since Wisoki just recomended to Jacuzzi J-315 I'll add to the line up with the Coleman 351 deluxe

Nice size at 64" by 81" & 31" deep. Very comfortable high performance bucket seating, a lounger with foot releif foot dome in it. steel substructure, fully sealed thermolock insulation (recaptures equipment waste heat and runs extremely quiet) 27 fully adjustable jets with a 2 1/2 HP 2-speed pump so you can fine tune your therapy experince even further.

Plasma cell ozone as well as a top loading 50 ft filter and a high velocity skimmer basket to catch debree such as leaves and grass before it gets to the filter. In adition to that Coleman uses a pre filter on top of the skimmer basket that additionally filters the water down to one micron.

5 years on parts, labor, electrical, plumbing (including jets)
7 years on surface
lifetime on steel substructure.

COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT!!!!

Make a list of the dealers that sell smaller spas in your area and take some time to visit them. Make sure they'll let you wet test before you buy. Good luck to you, this forum is a great place to start the process.

Spahappy
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 02:47:56 pm by spahappy »

loosenupspas

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 12:53:24 pm »
Sunbburygirl....consider the Coleman Deluxe 351.....perfect three person format, you can't bet it

http://www.colemanspasofsanford.com/storeitems/show/5/

Let me know if you need any further information.....Tom

loosenupspas

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 12:54:55 pm »
Hello....Happy.....didn't see your post......of course it is much more thorough than mine.....Speak soon...Tom

mjb

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 12:56:19 pm »
If you have a Sundance Spas dealer nearby, you
should check out the Capri.
Being that it is 220 volt only, the pump/motor
is going to have greater output than other models
that can be wired 110V or 220V.
The types of jets in the Capri and other Sundance
880 series offer a fantastic therapeutic massage.
So grab your suit and towel and head off to
your nearest Sundance dealer for a "wet-test".
If a Capri is not available for a test soak try
any 880 series for very similar experiance.

spahappy

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 01:07:35 pm »
OK I have to disagree with the part where the Capri has more power than the others because it can only be wired 240v.  :-?

We set all our spas up 240v. In the spas that can be wired either way the reason we don't is because the heater and the pumps can't run at the same time.

The Coleman 351 has a 2 1/2 HP 56 frame pump. It's not going to run any less powerful in the 351 when it's hooked up to 240v than the same 2 1/2 HP pump that only has the option to be wired for 240v, like the bigger Coleman 471 deluxe spa, or the even bigger Coleman 706 spa which uses the same 2 1/2 HP pump.

spahappy

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 01:15:41 pm »
Hello....Happy.....didn't see your post......of course it is much more thorough than mine.....Speak soon...Tom

Hey Tom, I just came off of a really good home show and I guess I'm still in full pitch mode. Good to see you here, check your pm's

mjb

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 01:23:55 pm »
Spahappy, check your math.
Convertable voltage spas from ALL brands
have to use lesser powered motors.
Period.
However, the real point here is to try
out any spa you are interested in buying.

spahappy

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 01:52:25 pm »
mjb, perhaps I am confused but in reading the specs on the Coleman 351 the pump is rated 2.5HP/4.8BHP,240V,2sp  4wire   240v/30A/40A

The pumps in the some of the bigger non convertable Colemans like the 471 are rated
2.5HP/4.8BHP,230V,2sp  4wire   240/30A/50A

The Coleman 481 3.0HP/5.9BHP 230v,2sp.     4wire   240/40A/60A

I'm not an electrician but it seems to me that the bigger spas are using less volts but more amps.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 02:19:46 pm »
 The deal here is all spas that are 110/220 convertable can only use a pump that is 110v which means they are limited to 1.5 to 2.0 hp I believe 2.5hp pumps are only 220v.    I could be wrong though.

spahappy

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 02:33:38 pm »
Well just called our electrician ( he was on the golf course :-[ ) He told me the 351 they hooked up for me last week was 240v and he was sure it was the same pump as the 471's. He also said the reason the bigger spas needed more amps was more of a heater issue ( more water to heat )

I still want to get to the bottom of this so I'm calling the Coleman tech department on Monday.

Sunburygirl, the Coleman 351 has plenty of pressure. Jet pressure and placement as well as seating design is as individual as color combinations. What feels good to one may not feel as good to the next soaker. It sounds like with your active life you need to be sure the spa you pick will provide the therapy only you need from it. Wet Test, Wet Test, Wet Test!!

Take care and have a great weekend everyone!!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 03:35:03 pm »
Spahappy, check your math.
Convertable voltage spas from ALL brands
have to use lesser powered motors.
Period.
However, the real point here is to try
out any spa you are interested in buying.

The thing is, while a 220v spa CAN have larger pumps they really don't on the 3 person spas so your point isn't very valid in this case. When it's a larger spa then you can often see a 220v version have a larger pump(s) than a convertible one but not on the small ones.

Sunbury,
All teh major brands have 3 person spas in this range. Go to teh websites of teh major spa makers and see where your nearest dealer is located (Sundance, Hot springs, Caldera, Jacuzzi, D1, Coleman, Marquis, etc.)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 03:36:53 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 03:35:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42