What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: dynasty spa  (Read 4431 times)

em74108

dynasty spa
« on: April 23, 2007, 08:20:33 pm »
talked to a dealer they say that their model does not use a circulating pump is this necessary

Hot Tub Forum

dynasty spa
« on: April 23, 2007, 08:20:33 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: dynasty spa
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 09:20:24 pm »
talked to a dealer they say that their model does not use a circulating pump is this necessary
Welcome to the forum em.

I don't know much about dynasty spas. To answer your question though, no it is not neccessary to have a circ pump. Some of the major players in the game, such as Marquis don't use them and have much success keeping the water clear and well circulated with programmable filtration cycles. Some manufacturers even offer both.

em74108

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:35:14 pm »
without the circulation wont it frreze at 32 degress with out hte circulation to keep  the pipes from freezing i live on the east coast poconos pa

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 10:44:39 pm »
without the circulation wont it frreze at 32 degress with out hte circulation to keep  the pipes from freezing i live on the east coast poconos pa

Not to be rude, but can you please use punctuation marks. It's a little confusing.
The only time freezing pipes would be a concern is if you lose power to the tub in freezing conditions for an extended period of time. Hot tubs are very well insulated and built specifically for those types of conditions. For instance, this past winter I lost power for about 8 hrs with ambient temps close to freezing and my tub only lost a couple of degrees.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 10:21:24 am »
If there isn't a circulation pump and you are concerned about whether or not the spa will freeze, rest assured that most models that don't have a circulation pump have a self-preservation mechanism that turns the pump on to cycle when the water drops below a certain temperature.

If you're in the Poconos, swing into the Hot Spring dealer there and ask for Bradley Marx.  I believe he is still the sales manager there.  Great guy from a reputable dealership.  They're worth a look.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 12:52:41 pm »

Circ pumps sound like a good idea more than bad, but its not highest on my list.  Just consider it one factor if you are still shopping.  My Dynasty is 4 years old now by the way.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 12:53:12 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spaceguy

• Hey!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 01:37:52 pm »
I've had a Dynasty now for two years and it is fine.  I do some test strips and also take the water into a pool and spa place to get tested now and then.  I haven't had any problems with water samples when I take them in.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 06:40:15 pm »

I honeymooned there!   This past winter when it was 10F, I lost my heat and it took 5 days to get it back on, the tub was still at 62F I think it was.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 06:40:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42