What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm a Nature 2 believer  (Read 15027 times)

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
Re: I'm a Nature 2 believer
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2007, 03:53:47 pm »
I have been using N2 for 2 1/2 years now in my HS Envoy.  My routine is as follows:
2 Tablespoons of MPS with each use. (no use no MPS)
3 Tablespoons of DiChlor weekly.
2 oz. of Scale and Stain weekly.
Filters in dishwasher monthly.
Water chage every 4 months with the HS wate filter.

To date no water problems except the for time that I forgot to use the filter while refilling.

Oh BTW - my TA is in the 300 range so it does take a while to get the Ph within range but I ad Ph- over the couse of a few weeks and it eventually gets there.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2007, 03:53:47 pm »

SpaNE

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2007, 04:26:40 pm »
I have been using N2 for 2 1/2 years now in my HS Envoy.  My routine is as follows:
2 Tablespoons of MPS with each use. (no use no MPS)
3 Tablespoons of DiChlor weekly.
2 oz. of Scale and Stain weekly.
Filters in dishwasher monthly.
Water chage every 4 months with the HS wate filter.

To date no water problems except the for time that I forgot to use the filter while refilling.

Oh BTW - my TA is in the 300 range so it does take a while to get the Ph within range but I ad Ph- over the couse of a few weeks and it eventually gets there.

Why do you use daily MPS versus dichlor?  It seems people are doing this 2 different ways?  Confusing?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 04:27:21 pm by SpaNE »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2007, 04:28:11 pm »
Very interesting thread.  I have a new 336 gal spa using proclear mineral spa sanitizer and an ozonator.

The Nature2 instructions indicate to use MPS daily and shock weekly with dichlor.  Most of the spa maintenance routines I have read on this forum recommend the opposite - use dichlor daily and shock weekly with MPS or dichlor.

Questions:

1. Does Nature2 recommend this because they are promoting a low-chlorine option?  Is there any harm in using proclear with the daily use of dichlor?

2. If you tried Nature2 and did not like it - did you use daily dichlor or MPS?

Thanks,
Spa Ne,

I use a Nature 2 cartridge and have had good results. It enables me to use close to half the amount of dichlor I was using w/o it, plus my water feels almost silky. W/o I had to post soak dose with a 3ppm dose of dichlor after every soak and with it I can get by with only (2-3) 3ppm doses a week along with an 8-10 ppm shock once a week.
The manual that came with it states that one can use either mps, dichlor, or a combo. I prefer to use dichlor exclusively except for an occassional shock dose of mps. I always have a sanitizer residual. I don't think if you followed the mps daily, dichlor weekly method one could achieve that.

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2007, 08:29:44 pm »
Right on Chad, you have made a good case for N2 in your tub. As long as you can extend the FC residual with less frequent dosing, that's a good thing.

SpaNE,

I think there are a lot of factors that go into this equation. It can depend on how much dichlor you put in for each dose. It can depend on how much you use your tub. It can depend on how many people use your tub and (seriously) how clean they are (do they introduce a lot of bacteria into the tub).

The bottom line I think is that commercial spas are required to maintain a minimum FC level at all times, that's what keeps your tub safe and can be easily measured so you know your tub is safe. So that's what you should strive for with your dichlor dose, whether it's twice a day or once a week.

Regarding MPS, it's an oxidizer not a sanitizer so it is good for removing combined chlorines and contaminants from your tub. This is typically needed weekly for your shock, not daily.

Plenty of folks use this routine with their N2 and Ozone equipped tubs. The N2 and Ozone provide what is called 'supplemental sanitizing', but your dichlor is your primary sanitizer.

Steve

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2007, 09:14:26 pm »
Right on Chad, you have made a good case for N2 in your tub. As long as you can extend the FC residual with less frequent dosing, that's a good thing. 

Yeah it's been a very user friendly fill. Sometimes I'll get in my tub with a 2ppm and won't post soak dose and I'll still have 1ppm the next day before my soak. It's a really effecient piece of equipment. I wish I would have used one through this past winter. It would have really conserved some energy($), not to mention freezing my a$$ off goin' back and forth out to the tub after post soak dosing.

How has the new circ pump been treatin' you?

Chad

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2007, 07:24:07 am »

Why do you use daily MPS versus dichlor?  It seems people are doing this 2 different ways?  Confusing?

That was what was recommended by my dealer.  It works so I continue.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 07:24:43 am by tonyp »

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2007, 11:09:58 am »
Circ pump is good Chad, thanks for asking.

Wish I could use the tub more, been pretty busy around here lately.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2007, 11:09:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42