What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Number of people which fit cinfortably in spa ....  (Read 3727 times)

frankdds

Number of people which fit cinfortably in spa ....
« on: April 04, 2007, 09:57:00 pm »
Of the Hot spring Jetsetter, D1 Triad II and the Sundance Capri, can three fit comfortably and on a rare occasion 4?  

Of the three, which one will accomodate the most people?  Would be nice to fit two couples from time to time......

Thanks

Frank

Hot Tub Forum

Number of people which fit cinfortably in spa ....
« on: April 04, 2007, 09:57:00 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Number of people which fit cinfortably in spa
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 03:27:50 am »
You will not be able to fit more than 3 adults in any of those tubs comfortably.

nlittle

• Hot Springs Prodigy 2006
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 09:03:42 am »
I have the prodigy, 5 person, and 4 average sized adults fit "comfortably".  We have never tried more than that but I can see it getting crowded real fast!  Actually, 4 can be crowded too, depending on how fidgity the others are...
Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often!

nlittle

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 09:04:56 am »
On more thought...do a dry test on the showroom floor....we were condsidering the jetsetter and quickly realized just sitting in it that 2 was enough in there.  Not sure about the others.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 09:05:21 am »
I know of one spa that is smallish but will accomodate 4 people comfortably. The JacuzziŽ J-325. It's price point is similar the the hot tubs on your list and it is roomier.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 09:07:36 am »
All of the spas you mentioned have only 3 seats. .  Seating 4 adults is out of the question. I think you will be fooling yourself if you think you could squeeze another person in.  I think with all three spas, seating  3 adults would be tight at best. The number of seats does not = the number of adults that can sit at the same time comfortably.

Wet testing is the best way to get an idea.
07 Caldera Geneva

SpaNE

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 09:17:31 am »
Of the Hot spring Jetsetter, D1 Triad II and the Sundance Capri, can three fit comfortably and on a rare occasion 4?  

Of the three, which one will accomodate the most people?  Would be nice to fit two couples from time to time......

Thanks

Frank

If you are trying to maximize the amount of people you can get into a small tub, I suggest you look at models without a lounger.  A small tub with 4 corner seats would work best.

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 09:22:50 am »

We also have a 2006 Prodigy.  Seats 4 adults comfortably, has plenty of jets for all.  We love it.  Glad we didn't go with anything smaller.  Good luck on your search and eventual purchase.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 09:24:47 am »
If you must fit the size you said in your other post (The width can be no longer than 69" - 74" and the depth can be no larger than 33".,)    Check out   Great lakes.   Not the biggest name out there,  but I've seen reputable dealers carry them, as an ecnomy alternative to some of the big $ spas.  They fit you size, and are not a fly by night company.   I've seen thier red shells and thought they were sharp looking:

What do you think?  The forte looks nice.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:46:40 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

shortspark

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 09:41:41 am »
I just purchased a 2007 Jetsetter.  Two is company, three is a crowd.

txwillie

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 09:51:00 am »
What about water level? Would think that loading a +/- 300 gallon spa with 4 people, thing thing would overflow. When I plan for more than just two in my 560 gallon Maxxus, I lower the water an couple of inches and even then it is pretty darned close to the rim with 4. Sundance claims 6-7 for my spa. It's real comfy with 4, more than that I don't see the point. Guess we could all just kinda stand around.

txwillie

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 09:57:06 am »
re: "You will not be able to fit more than 3 adults in any of
those tubs comfortably"

Now WHYNOT....I beg to differ....
I would be quite "comfortable" sitting in any of
those tubs with more than 3 Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders!

;)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 10:46:57 am by Zep »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 10:20:00 am »
darnit, I just realized the Great lakes miss the dimesion by a few inches on the leagth.    Arrrrgh.  Sorrry.

Frank, there's no wiggle room at all in the dimesnions?  Another 2.5 inches and the Great lakes will give you room for 4.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 12:38:16 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

nlittle

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 12:03:10 pm »
What about water level? Would think that loading a +/- 300 gallon spa with 4 people, thing thing would overflow. When I plan for more than just two in my 560 gallon Maxxus, I lower the water an couple of inches and even then it is pretty darned close to the rim with 4. Sundance claims 6-7 for my spa. It's real comfy with 4, more than that I don't see the point. Guess we could all just kinda stand around.

txwillie

Wow, you take the time to lower the water?  I just let it over flow and top it off the next day....is that bad?!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 12:10:17 pm »

Wow, you take the time to lower the water?  I just let it over flow and top it off the next day....is that bad?!

Only if the tub is indoors.  ;)

If I have a lot of people who have a "high dispacement" factor in the tub, I let it splash over onto the ground. And like you, the next day I just top it off.  I think of it as a partial water change.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 12:10:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42