What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: water changes  (Read 1637 times)

anne

water changes
« on: March 25, 2007, 11:39:29 pm »
Do you change your water when it seems to "need" it? (and if so, what makes you think it needs it?)Or do you change it on a regular schedule, dictated by weather, or other outside factors? Or with some other pattern?

Just curious. I'm of the "change it when it needs it" approach, usually when the chemistry is hard to manage and it clouds up with the jets and doesnt clear quickly.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

water changes
« on: March 25, 2007, 11:39:29 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: water changes
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 07:54:48 am »
For me it's the climate I live in.  I won't change the water in the spa when the temperature is under 40 degrees.  In preperation for winter I change the water in late October or early November- then ride it out till March.  First warm day of March I change the water.  Then Once mid summer, then start over in late October, etc...
Averages out to 3 changes per year, water is usually still good when I dump it.

Brewman

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 08:09:16 am »
I live near Brewman, so indeed, weather is a factor when it turns cold.  

I have 2 water changes under my belt now, and was pleasantly surprised at how  fast and easy it was!

I timed my refill and was very surprised that it only took 1 1/2 hours for 400 gallons.  It gave me a whole different perspective, as when I need to water my gardens in the summer, the water is on much longer that that as I rotate the sprinkler around!  :o

Now that the weather is warmer, I will not hesitate to change it vs. try to add a bunch of chems to "fix" it.  (indeed, where I live, water is cheaper)

That water then, will help to water my trees and dry lawn!  :D

2005 HS Vanguard

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 10:24:15 am »
Ditto.

I change mine typically every 3-4 months.   I wait until late November (if I can) to change the water out and get me throught the frozen winter, and again in March.  I've been too busy so far to change it out and although it's clear, It's time for the water to go. I dont' like going more than 4 months.   That will usually get me through to end of June, begining of July.   I dump it after the 4th of July cookout,  and that get's me to oct-november.  However if the water does goe south during above freezing temps, I prefer to dump it rather than medicate it.  :D

There is nothing better than fresh clean water in a hot tub.  :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 10:33:10 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 10:40:18 am »
Don't you all feel a difference in the quality of the water when it is fresh?  Why wait until you "need" to change the water (other than you frozen folks)?

As my old rep for Leisure Time, Bob Ventura, used to say, "after a while you are not soaking in water, you are taking a chemical bath." :-?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 10:41:24 am by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 10:40:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42