What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What happens in Colorado Stays In Colorado....?  (Read 4550 times)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
What happens in Colorado Stays In Colorado....?
« on: March 13, 2007, 09:16:04 am »

[size=18]Naked hot-tub festivities foiled[/size]
March 9, 2007

Editor’s note: The following excerpts were taken from Eagle County
law enforcement officers and police reports.

AVON — A 70-year-old woman reported that several people were making
noise in a hot tub at Brookside Lodge, according to an Avon Police
Department report.

Police climbed a fence and questioned the three men and three women,
ages 22 through 31, who told police they had come from Sunridge
Condominiums.

Some were naked and others wore underwear. Police told the men
and women to get dressed and made them pick up their Budweiser
beer bottles and cigarettes surrounding the hot tub.

Police ticketed them for trespassing.

http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20070309/NEWS/70309006/0/FRONTPAGE

Hot Tub Forum

What happens in Colorado Stays In Colorado....?
« on: March 13, 2007, 09:16:04 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: What happens in Colorado Stays In Colorado....
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 01:01:30 pm »
I have many customers who have spas which face the ocean. They have to chase the surfers out of their tubs from time to time. They will come home and actually catch them in the tub, or they come home and find sand and seaweed in the tub, indicating it is getting use by uninvited visitors.

I have had folks call me to repair cover fasteners which have been cut or ripped off. One customer had a house which was empty - he had it for sale - but he kept the tub hot and clean so he could show the house on weekends. He had a real hard time keeping the surfers out of the tub - he locked the cover and they tore off the locks. He fixed the locks and added a strap. They cut all the straps. He got a steel cable and some brass locks. He came back and the cover was gone. Just gone. He never found it. He asked me if there was anything he could add to the water that would make them break out in a rash or give them some sort of strong irritation. He was especially interested in irritating their private parts. I had to tell him that I didn't know of any such product.

The surfers sit out in the cold ocean waiting for waves, and if its a slow day they have to sit there, shivering, looking at any number of nice warm tubs sitting in front of houses that look very empty...

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 01:11:47 pm »
I have many customers who have spas which face the ocean. They have to chase the surfers out of their tubs from time to time. They will come home and actually catch them in the tub, or they come home and find sand and seaweed in the tub, indicating it is getting use by uninvited visitors.

I have had folks call me to repair cover fasteners which have been cut or ripped off. One customer had a house which was empty - he had it for sale - but he kept the tub hot and clean so he could show the house on weekends. He had a real hard time keeping the surfers out of the tub - he locked the cover and they tore off the locks. He fixed the locks and added a strap. They cut all the straps. He got a steel cable and some brass locks. He came back and the cover was gone. Just gone. He never found it. He asked me if there was anything he could add to the water that would make them break out in a rash or give them some sort of strong irritation. He was especially interested in irritating their private parts. I had to tell him that I didn't know of any such product.

Insanely high chlorine levels?

07 Caldera Geneva

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 01:16:03 pm »
I have personally run naked from a spa in the snow in Colorado and been confronted by police afterwards...Must be the altitude that makes us that way.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 04:51:38 pm »

The surfers sit out in the cold ocean waiting for waves, and if its a slow day they have to sit there, shivering, looking at any number of nice warm tubs sitting in front of houses that look very empty...

Remove the filters and pour in some fiberglass dust, once that hot water open them pours the dust will settle in them and when they get out and cool off it will be trapped and they will itch like there is no tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 06:44:52 pm by Gary »
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 05:10:34 pm »
re: they tore off the locks. ...... They cut all the straps........
He got a steel cable and some brass locks. He came back and
the cover was gone. Just gone...

[size=16]Freaking scumbags!

Maybe if they concentrated on work as much as surfing they
could afford to buy their own tub instead of vandalizing other
people's property![/size]

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 06:08:12 pm »
Well, since no one else asked....... ummmmmmmmmm stuart? Why were you running naked from a spa? And how pray tell were the cops so "conveniently" close by?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 06:17:16 pm »
Well, since no one else asked....... ummmmmmmmmm stuart? Why were you running naked from a spa? And how pray tell were the cops so "conveniently" close by?

... and was Dateline NBC involved in any way?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 07:12:00 pm »
Surely you remember the "Werewolf story..."

Chris H. about ruined his keyboard spitting coffee on it when he read it! :-/

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 08:31:24 pm »
I remember.

Did you ever pay for that neighbor lady's therapy?

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 09:36:27 pm »
I remember.

Did you ever pay for that neighbor lady's therapy?

8-)
Never did...she'll probably go to her grave believing she lived next-door to a werewolf!

for the next several months curtains closed at their house every time I pulled into my drive, doors slammed and lights went out when I went into my back yard.

The local cops still call me "Lobo" ;D 8-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 09:36:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42