What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet testing day!!!  (Read 3497 times)

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
Wet testing day!!!
« on: January 26, 2007, 09:59:35 pm »
Tomorrow is wet testing day. :D I'm testing three tubs that I mentioned in a previous post. Does anyone have any thoughts or tips on wet testing that they may want to share. I'll definitely try to follow Duffman's approach to testing. How much time do you think I should spend in each spa to get a decent feel for the performance? Thanks for any advice you may offer.

Bluesman 8-)

Hot Tub Forum

Wet testing day!!!
« on: January 26, 2007, 09:59:35 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Wet testing day!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 10:13:12 pm »
Bluesman, I would suggest wet testing them one right after the other while everything is still fresh in your head. My average time in the tub when I wet tested was about 45 minutes. I felt like that was enough time. Make sure you try all the seats with jets on and off.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 01:11:52 am »
Tomorrow is wet testing day. :D I'm testing three tubs that I mentioned in a previous post. Does anyone have any thoughts or tips on wet testing that they may want to share. I'll definitely try to follow Duffman's approach to testing. How much time do you think I should spend in each spa to get a decent feel for the performance? Thanks for any advice you may offer.

Bluesman 8-)

1) Let the spa salesman give you some tips on how to operate teh spa (assuming they know their product).

2) After that they hopefully will leave you alone to relax for a few minutes. When you think you are done ask ANY questions before you get out. Often the customer doesn't understand something and may be about to leave not understanding a feature or even thinking something doesn't work right only to find out otherwise because they thought to say "before I get out, I don't understand one thing ..."

3) It shouldn't take longer than 20 minutes but that's up to you. When you leave you'll have a clear thought in your mind what you thought of spa "A". The next day that won't be as clear if you go to test another and want to compare. I VERY much suggest you try to wet test the spas back to back. Try to schedule one test at maybe 3:00 and another at another store at maybe 4:00. By doing so you will be better able to make a clear comparison.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 05:52:08 am »
Great Suggestions guys.  :) I'm testing all three back to back today. I will ensure I have a complete understanding of the spas operation before I get out of the tub.

Bluesman 8-)

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 12:13:32 pm »
Don't be afraid to "experiment" with seating positions.  For instance, my tub has fairly defined seats yet many times I'll sit across them in a lounging position, or I'll sit right down in the footwell with my legs laying over the foot dome.  Only found those positions after having the tub for a while, so my advice would be to think outside the box while you're wet testing...
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 02:08:53 pm »
Great Suggestions guys.  :) I'm testing all three back to back today. I will ensure I have a complete understanding of the spas operation before I get out of the tub.

Bluesman 8-)

When they quote you pay particular attention to whether it includes everything you want because it'll be more expenise later to add extras like a good solid lifter (the bigger the spa, the sturdier the lifter needs to be so try them out), ozone (a good CD type preferably), extra chems, etc.

Let us know how it goes.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:03:40 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 03:03:42 pm »
I'd recommend testing all three of them at exactly the same temperature. If one of them is slightly cooler or warmer than you like it, it will affect your perceptions of how comfortable you feel. My local dealer encourages people to call ahead before they want to wet test, so he can have the tub set at your favorite temp. when you arrive.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 02:47:35 pm »
Thanks guys! :D O.K. We tested all three spas on Saturday. :o I will reveiw the results with all as soon as I have the time(very soon) to gather my thoughts together and post them.

Bluesman 8-)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 02:55:37 pm »
I think the biggest thing is to just have fun.  Enjoy this part, and dont make it feel like a job.  It will make you appreciate your decision so much more.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 02:55:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42