What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Info on LA Spas Concord model  (Read 7686 times)

cajun1

Info on LA Spas Concord model
« on: January 12, 2007, 10:05:22 am »
I was wondering if anyone has an LA Spas Concord model with only two pumps.  I can get an awesome price on one and my husband actually fits in the neck collar seat.  The only problem is we can't wet test it and there are no other LA Spas dealers anywhere close.  I was just wondering if there is a lot of pressure with the two pumps, because there is no blower.  Any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Info on LA Spas Concord model
« on: January 12, 2007, 10:05:22 am »

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Info on LA Spas Concord model
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 01:36:40 am »
the two pumps should be fine.  air blowers are over-rated.  they just suck in outside (maybe cold depending on weather) air.  the spa has diverter valves, should provide all the power you need.

anne

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 02:04:26 am »
I love the air blower! Makes a big difference in the feel and strength of the jets. But I like to be beat up by them, I guess.
Dance like nobody's watching

cajun1

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 08:47:56 am »
thanks for the input.  I'm in the final stages and I've narrowed it down to the LA Spa Concord, the Artesian Grand Cayman or the Sunbelt Monsoon...such a hard decision.  Anybody thoughts, pros/cons?  I'm in the Houston area and there's really not a big market here.  I'm just ready to buy before winter is over!

salesdvl

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 10:26:30 am »
I sold Artesian for many years and I worked for L.A. Spas after that.  The better apple to apple comparison would be the Artesian Emerald model in the Gold series.  The Grand Cayman has different jets that do not feel as good in my opinion.  The Emerald and the Concord would be very similar in most everyting.

As far as the 2 pumps, you will have a divertor valve so that you can concentrate the power into various seats so it shouldnt be an issue.  The blower is not a feature I would get at all.

Dont know anything about the Sunbelt brand.  sorry.

Good luck.
Measure once, cut twice.

cajun1

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 10:49:44 am »
thanks, that really helps.  Just FYI, I can get a 2005 (never used) Concord for $5300 with 53-57 jets and the Ultimate Water Management System or the Grand Cayman for about $6800.  I'm assuming the Gold series in Artesian is even more.  Is LA Spas a good/reliable brand?  If so, I think I'm going to go for it, as it has different jets in each seat.  I was just concerned about power, since I can't wet-test it.  Also, does a 48-frame versus 56-frame pump make a big difference?

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 08:52:36 am »
For those prices, I would go for the Concord.  You'l love it.  Yes, they are about as reliable as any other brand.  Dont worry about the 48 vs 56 frame.
Measure once, cut twice.

cajun1

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 09:11:48 am »
well, thanks for the info.  I'm going to go ahead and get the Concord and I'll give a post after I get it set up -- hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks!

salesdvl

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 08:38:07 am »
You are welcome.  
Measure once, cut twice.

Bama

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 11:10:57 am »
In this case, I'm only familiar with LA spas.  Due size catagory, I compared mine to the Sundance Maxxus. However, for jet strength and jet placement, I preferred the LA Spa over the Maxxus.  My favorite seat in the LA Spa Paradise H-2 is the lounge seat with jets all the way down to my feet.   The corner neck seat is a close second.
For only a $100 more we had both corners fitted for neck collars and jets.
I have the air diverter values and I like them a lot.
I think LA Spa has the easiest filter to maintain.  No soaking, just spray it off and throw it in the washer.
Hope this is helpful.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 11:16:56 am by Bama »

cajun1

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 04:40:29 pm »
Bama, do you know about how much your electricity has gone up per month?  Also, when did you get yours and have you had any problems with it?  I'm not getting a whole lot of positive feedback on the LA Spas brand, but it looks good to me and I can get it for only 5K.
Thanks!

Vanguard

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 06:17:44 pm »
Hey, Cajun, check your Private Messages.  I sent you a message.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 06:17:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42