What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any tubs for short people?  (Read 8151 times)

apple

Any tubs for short people?
« on: January 15, 2007, 01:14:46 am »
We are in the process of deciding on which tub would best suit our needs and are leaning toward the HS Envoy, but we are all under 5"5 ( my 18 year old is only 4"10) and I am afraid our heads will be underwater.  Does anyone know of a good, quality tub that can accomidate our shorter stature?

Hot Tub Forum

Any tubs for short people?
« on: January 15, 2007, 01:14:46 am »

Brookenstein

Re: Any tubs for short people?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 01:20:49 am »
I would reccomend wet testing a few tubs and see how they fit you.  Depending if you have long/short torsos vs legs would make a difference and a given spa might not fit you the same way it does someone else the same size.

I have an 05 Envoy and love it.  I'm 5' and the mr is 6'.  It seems to fit us both well.  I am technically too short for the lounge to hit my feet, but I still find it very comfortable.  I'm not drowning in any seat like I do my parents Sundance (can't remember the model, Bahia maybe??)

Also, you may be able to keep the water level a little lower than some do to make it fit you better.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 08:05:38 am »
I
Also, you may be able to keep the water level a little lower than some do to make it fit you better.

When taking a look at a tub, be sure to notice where the highest jets are. (neck jets excluded)   My tub has one jet that is not adjustable pretty high up on one seat and if the water level goes below that you might as well turn a fire hose on your face.   A friend who is 5' wasn't real comfortable in the shallowest seat with 5 of us it in.  So I guess the Dynasty Excalibur is not for her.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

apple

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 10:45:41 am »
Thanks, I guess I need to take the kids and go get wet.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 11:47:50 am »
Thanks, I guess I need to take the kids and go get wet.

People who don't wet test spas with lounges are really taking a chance because that type seat isn't for everyone. In your case I would want to be sure that it would work well for you based your heights (the 4'10" person may need a snorkel to use the lounge) but it all depends on the tub layout. Every manufacturer has both lounge and loungeless spas so you will have options but IF you don't wet test for whatever reason I'd recommend going loungeless (not all dealers will have all spas with water).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 11:49:17 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

loosenupspas

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 02:34:28 pm »
The Coleman 351 for a three person spa and the 461 for four persons, would work just great within your height ranges.  

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 02:52:20 pm »
Ditto on the smaller tubs normally not being as deep. Jacuzzi J-315 (3 person) is 32" tall. J-325 (4 person) is 34" tall.

Although our situation is similar to Brooke's. My wife is about 5'2" and I am 6', she actually seems to fit better in a lot of the seats on our J-345 than I do. I need to scrunch down to get the shoulder/neck jets to hit the right spot.

You could also consider spa pillows, they'll elevate you a little.

Steve

Astropin

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 04:17:08 pm »
Well it's a big tub but not that deep. The Hot Springs Grandee. My wife is 5'4" and has no issues. Some of the corners can be a little deep but the sides are not deep at all.

anne

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 04:47:19 pm »
I'm 5'3+" and wet tested several tubs before buying. The only ones that really did not work for my height were the LA spas. I found Coleman (431 and one other?), HS Envoy and D1 chairman and Californian good for my height. There were non-height related reasons that a number of different tubs were not as comfortable as others, but I ended up going with an Arctic Summit legend. I LOVE this tub, and my BF at 5'10" is fine, too, but I dont see how a taller person (over 6') would like it. I had a 6'3" friend over, and he seemed happy, but could not submerse up to his chin like I can. Maybe tall people are just use to that!

One thing that I both liked and disliked about the coleman and LA models that I looked at were the neck jets. If you could fit into them just right, they felt awesome, and definitely targeted the neck/shoulders above the waterline like nothing else. But since they almost have a brace-like thing that you have to fit into, if you are not just the right height, they are awkward.

Couple other thoughts: Are the shorter members of the family still growing, and if so, could they use water filled pillows for now? And adjusting the water level is a great idea, just making sure that the level is above the highest jets.

Just wet test. You'll find the right tub!
Dance like nobody's watching

In Canada eh

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 05:01:00 pm »
Check out Bullfrog, I'm 6'2" my wife is 5'2" and we both fit just fine :)
Bullfrog 451

apple

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 12:49:45 am »
Thanks for all the info.  I hadn't even looked at the Jacuzzi, Coleman, or Bullfrog.  I have plenty of time to decide since my backyard still has two feet of snow from the blizzard.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 12:49:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42