What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bizarre 06 Jetsetter Issue (long)  (Read 2979 times)

Webini

Bizarre 06 Jetsetter Issue (long)
« on: January 10, 2007, 09:20:44 pm »
I have a story to tell.   ;D

Some of you may have seen my posts from this summer when I bought a Jetsetter and then from a couple weeks ago when I had issues with my well water on a refill.  Everyone has been great - thanks for the help.

I had another issue.  Water.  Specifically, the lack of.

Early Dec I noticed one night that the water level was down about 2.5".  We had used the tub a lot that week so I figured between usage, the colder weather, and evaporation that it was normal.  Added 20 gal or so.

A couple weeks ago I did a drain and refill.  I did NOT drain from the Jetsetter drain, I used a pump.  Got my water issues straightened out and it was happy tubbing again.

Saturday I went out to do my weekly shock and cover wash.  Water was down about 3.5".  Added 35 gal of water.  I know what you are thinking, I have a leak.  Well, I was in denial.  I noticed my cover was not really tight so I told myself that now that the weather was cold the issue was evaporation.

Monday night the tub was down about 1".  No more denial, I officially had a problem.

Went down to my dealer (great people) and explained what was happening.  They sent a tech this morning.  Apparently the leak was from the tub drain.  The valve was open and the cap was not tight.  I know, I should have checked that first, but I've never drained using the valve and literally had not touched it ever!  Embarrassing.

That's not the bizarre part.  My ozone has always been kind of a trickle.  Bubbles, yes but not a torrent.  Never smelled ozone either.

When I opened the cover tonight there was a strange smell.  I thought the water had an issue but then quickly realized I was smelling ozone.  I flipped on the light and now there is about 10X the amount of bubbles from the ozonator and you can literally see the water flow up.  I can hear the bubbles when the hit the surface.  All of this is new.

Stupid newbie than I am I always thought the ozone was fine.  Anyone have any idea why now the ozone has awakened?  Obviously it has something to do with the service call, but they did not note anything other than the valve and cap.  Could this and the leak be connected?

I have the Taylor kit coming tomorrow.  That ought to be a new adventure.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 09:29:35 pm by Webini »

Hot Tub Forum

Bizarre 06 Jetsetter Issue (long)
« on: January 10, 2007, 09:20:44 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Bizarre JetSetter Issue (long)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 09:24:32 pm »
Mlg had the same thing happen with her Jetsetter last week.

Webini

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 09:28:05 pm »
Mlg had the same thing happen with her Jetsetter last week.

Leak or the ozone springing to life?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 09:31:23 pm »

Leak or the ozone springing to life?

Sorry :-[.......ozone coming alive, only her's went from nothing to all out.

Webini

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 09:34:54 pm »

Sorry :-[.......ozone coming alive, only her's went from nothing to all out.

I just found the thread.  Hers was an aftermarket, mine is Freshwater III.

"I hate mysteries. They give me a bellyache, and I've got a beauty."

MostlyLurkingGal

Re: Bizarre 06 Jetsetter Issue (long)
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 10:07:26 pm »
Apparently Freshwater III's take a few month's to "kick in"... ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 10:18:54 pm »
I'd guess that the tech took are of your loose drain cap issue and noticed no/few bubbles and went ahead and fixed that by maybe getting rid of a kink in the line to the ozonator or changed an iffy check valve or injector, all quick fixes but you could always ask next time you stop by or call and tell them you're curious.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Webini

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 09:17:01 am »
I'd guess that the tech took are of your loose drain cap issue and noticed no/few bubbles and went ahead and fixed that by maybe getting rid of a kink in the line to the ozonator or changed an iffy check valve or injector, all quick fixes but you could always ask next time you stop by or call and tell them you're curious.

Probably, but I'm going to give them a call this morning to make sure.

What is irritating is that they delivered the tub with the valve open and the cap loose and apparently with the ozone not working 100%.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 12:35:07 pm »

Probably, but I'm going to give them a call this morning to make sure.

What is irritating is that they delivered the tub with the valve open and the cap loose and apparently with the ozone not working 100%.

They wouldn't see these things until it was filled/running which usaully occurs after the delivery. Did they fill/and start it for you as part of delivery before leaving?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 12:35:18 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BBoppin

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 03:12:39 pm »
hi, i'm new. not a tech. but in hotspring spas the floor drain ( where the ozone bubbles enter the spa), is also exactly that, a floor drain and water exits through that to the drain valve which was leaking. possibly a conflict of flow. water one way and ozone the other. could slow things down. :-/

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 03:27:02 pm »
I have had a few customers whose drain caps seem to have backed off by themselves.  It is a mystery. ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Webini

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 09:02:12 pm »

They wouldn't see these things until it was filled/running which usaully occurs after the delivery. Did they fill/and start it for you as part of delivery before leaving?

They filled and started it at delivery.  I've never used the tub drain.  Actually I've never been in the equipment compartment.

Webini

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 09:02:47 pm »
I have had a few customers whose drain caps seem to have backed off by themselves.  It is a mystery. ;)

Cap I can almost understand, but the valve?  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 09:02:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42