What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Breaking news  (Read 9097 times)

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
Re: Breaking news
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 10:24:41 am »
I'm heading to Kansas City at the end of the week for our kick off extravaganza.  I'll report back on important stuff like steaks, beer, and quality of the local hookers.

Term[/quote]

Ask Herm Edwards if my beloved Chiefs have found their offense yet. :'(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 10:24:41 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 10:29:33 am »
Well, we basically just drove a big loop along the water starting by the Monster Park

PLEASE tell me you got a picture of Godzilla!  My daughter also asked if you would get her a picture of Godzookie, too.  Thanks!

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 10:35:05 am »
Steaks?-- Herford House!  Golden OX was a main stay for many years at the old stock yards but it changed hands and is not near what it use to be. Why are you coming to KC Term? The Sport Show?

I'm going to the HotSpring Kickoff event for the midwestern states and Texas.  It's the same thing Chas is currently at, only in a different place.  We were told that we are receiving a major award (hoping it's a leg lamp).

Thanks for suggestions vlady and galen, we'll try to check them out.  We always try to find great steakhouses when we are out and about.  I've eaten steaks all over the place, and the best one I've ever had was the one at Superior Steakhouse in Shreveport, LA.  It was a $50 porterhouse that you could cut with a fork.  If ya'll ever get over there, please do yourself a favor and try it.

Skellman, I will try to honor your request if I see Herman.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 12:14:53 pm »
Term,

I still think the reason you like going to Shreveport so much is because when you drive back to East Texas from there it is like exiting hades and returning to heaven.  ;-)  For the record, the steaks might be good, but don't drink the water.  Take it from someone who once lived in Shreveport.  

Bill

shortspark

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2007, 04:24:19 pm »
I was in Shreveport Saturday and drank lots of water at the Cracker Barrel restaurant just before you get to the airport cutoff.  No wonder I was sick - or was it because of gambling there on the river boats.  You see, that is where I lost my home, my entire bank account, my truck and my whole family has left me.  Come to think of it, I know why I was sick.  It was not the water.  It wasn't my deed signed over or my credit cards maxed out or even my family dumping me.  It was because I had to hock my truck!  Thats it.  I know thats it!

PS-hey Term, ah, lets see now buddy.  And ah, we are buddies, right?  Considering my current situation and seeing how my hot tub will be here at the end of the month, do you think that maybe, you know, sort of maybe we could ah, --- oh well, forget it.  I'll call you when you get back from KC.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2007, 06:37:24 pm »
OK - I'm sitting in the meeting, so I have to type real quietly.

HS is going to be celebrating thier 30th year anniversary this year.

About the Aria spa- it is truly a 'special anniversary edition.' That's one reason why it is not exactly like the rest of the line.

More to follow.

Oh - it's Mike Dunn's birthday today.

8-)

« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 11:11:31 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Bama

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2007, 10:02:18 pm »
In Kansas City, our crew hotel is a Marriott out in the middle of a cow pasture, but they serve up a mighty fine buffet!!  At least they used to.  I haven't had that route in a few years.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:04:17 pm by Bama »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 11:50:51 pm »
OK - we have a celebrity amongst us. The last thing we did at today's meeting - and please forgive me but the new product announcements and all that sort of came out throughout last year and there are not as many new things to report on as I had hoped - but the last thing we did today was to watch a PowerPoint presentation of Dealer awards. And guess who won Dealer of the year for their region?

Well, OK, a lot of people did. There are 18 regions give or take. But one of them was East Texas Spas! And there on the big screen, before our wondering eyes was the whole dang team. And they may have tried to hide him, but our very own Terminator was proudly waving something from the back row. What was that thing in your hand, Chris?

Anyway, the biggest thing I have to report so far would be the things I have already posted: New blue for Tiger River, New water feature for the Grandee, and of course the knowledge that prices will be going up. So shoppers - look for good deals on 06 spas - many of the new features have already been encorporated but the prices will be better than a 2007 model.

And the AutoFresh system is really cool. We didn't go into it in detail today, but I have one on the floor, and we have sold one already... seems to take the best part of the Baqua system, and tame the one big problem which was overdosing. By automating the system, it seems to be able to do what it promises - at least that is my take so far, but I admit my experience is limited at this point.

More later. The spousal unit and I went to dinner with a fellow dealer and his son - so with the excellant breakfast the hotel provides, and the superb lunch that Watkins bought us followed by a large Ceasar Salad with grilled chicken for dinner, I have eaten more in one day than all of last week inclduing two weekends. I need to lay down and digest. I feel like one of those snakes that swallered' a whole sheep or something. Wow - it's like I don't even know how I used to do this constantly, and frankly I don't want to re-learn.

8-)

« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 11:12:49 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 11:50:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42