What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gazebo?  (Read 5079 times)

Styx555

Gazebo?
« on: January 06, 2007, 11:05:05 am »
Due to lack of privacy, considering putting a gazebo over my Optima. I have poured a 10 * 10 pad and the Optima sits on top. Any suggestions for gazebos?

Hot Tub Forum

Gazebo?
« on: January 06, 2007, 11:05:05 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Gazebo?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 11:07:46 am »
I just came from Sam's Club and they had a very nice-looking wooden one.  I didn't see the price, but I assume it's pretty cheap.  It's probably on their website.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 11:10:15 am »
I have poured a 10 * 10 pad and the Optima sits on top.

Luckily you didn't pour the slab on top of the tub......that would have been one heavy cover. ;D

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 11:12:55 am »
I just came from Sam's Club and they had a very nice-looking wooden one.  I didn't see the price, but I assume it's pretty cheap.  It's probably on their website.

Terminator

Here is the link http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/search.do?searchtype=simple&catg=1&simplesearchfor=gazeebos&simpleitemtype=0

Also, if you do a google search for hot tub gazeebos you will find all different shapes and sizes in practically any price range.
I thought about getting one myself but my HOA wouldn't allow it. >:( :(
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 11:18:38 am by WHY_NOT »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 11:22:05 am »
The one that is part #285056 was the one I saw.  It looked nice at a glance.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 11:35:32 am »
Yep, I saw that one also last week. Its nice looking now but what about the weather? Rain? Its all wood and it has some kind of finish on it. The one that was on the floor had a huge break in the roof panel. Probably from setting up or bringing it in the store. But the wood was not the color that it was stained. It was a very white Indonesian hardwood.  The specs say painted. I hate to see what that looked like after a year outside in the rain.

gcbrowni

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 11:59:16 am »
I have neighbors right on top of me. My solution was a pergola along with some outdoor blinds. The blinds don't provide much privacy at eye level, but from a second-story window you can't see anything through them. I usually put my cover up behind the unit, on the neighbors (blue house) side, which provides more privacy. I'll probabally switch out the current 8 foot blinds with some 10 footers that provide a real privacy screen.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 12:06:28 pm »
Would the one that roll up work? I'd put them on all sides and then roll them down. On days you just want a wide open feel just roll them up out of the way. Nice pergola.

Uzona

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 12:27:46 pm »
I've got the same problem and have considered a pergola with outdoor curtains that can be drawn when I want privacy.  With pool, cool deck, patio, and spa pad our backyard is going to contain a lot of concrete.  I figure some sort of fabric might soften the hardscape a bit and help tie the spa in with the pool.

Something like this would be nice, but the fact that you have to call for a quote leads me to believe it's probably way overpriced.

http://www.resortcabanas.com/tuscan.htm

I'm not sure I can get either one approved by the HOA because they have setback rules for pergolas and mine would have to be right in the corner of the yard similar to gcbrowni's photo.

gcbrowni

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 01:51:08 pm »
My blinds roll up for exactly that reason, to give a more open feel sometimes.

I really like the idea of curtains. That would be nice and give a really opulant feel to it. I think now I'm going to think about that rather than new 10 foot privacy blinds.

My home historic, so I'll gladly swap your petty HOA tyrants for my local petty non-elected govenment historic preservation committee.  :)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 03:27:00 pm »

I also glanced at it the other day - the wood is all 3/4" or less in thickness. The posts are built up from these slats, not solid.

It looked good overall, though I would want to anchor it really well since the posts are not solid etc.

And no wood Gazebo - no matter what wood it is made from - is going to last without lots of attention, sanding, staining etc.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

anne

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 04:29:20 pm »
I like your set up, gcbrownie!
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 04:29:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42