What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: Great Lakes Spas  (Read 2481 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Great Lakes Spas
« on: January 03, 2007, 01:26:39 pm »
 Calling the factory gets you a recording saying the factroy is closed in observance of the holiday.

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« on: January 03, 2007, 01:26:39 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 01:40:53 pm »
I should've known better.  It was posted by a MasterSpa dealer, seriously.

I apologize profusely. :-[

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 01:53:38 pm »
Yea, but the "holiday" ended a few days ago.

Perhaps, like some manufacturing plants, they do have a Christmas shut down? But if that was the case, I'd think the answering machine would say something along the lines of "we'll be closed for the holidays and re opend Jan 15".?
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 11:27:03 am »
January 4th 2007:   GL still doens't aswer their phones. The recording still says they are closed for the <I>holiday</I>

Anyone hear anything?

07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 11:30:50 am »
Janaury 5th 2007.

I was able to get through to them. They are open.  They are not going out of business.  They are going through "an ownership" change.  The factory is open. The said these changes would effect production, they are expecting a 3 week delay in manufacturing.

This is not an official statement by GL, just what i could gather from the lady who answered the phone.
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 02:00:53 pm »
but the lady who answered the phone only gives out information that's given to her, or told what she should give out if asked...personally, I don't trust those things...I worked at an auto part store that went under (not because of me, honest!!), and even store managers were left in the dark until the last minute...and the local pet store that we've been going to just got bought out, and it was handed to employees that the store would stay open and be restocked...turns out, doors are closed, new owners just bought all the stock (including animals) and is closing that location anyhow.... Big business sucks.  :-[
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 02:17:55 pm »
but the lady who answered the phone only gives out information that's given to her, or told what she should give out if asked...personally, I don't trust those things...I worked at an auto part store that went under (not because of me, honest!!), and even store managers were left in the dark until the last minute...and the local pet store that we've been going to just got bought out, and it was handed to employees that the store would stay open and be restocked...turns out, doors are closed, new owners just bought all the stock (including animals) and is closing that location anyhow.... Big business sucks.  :-[

Well considering no one answered the phone all week, and the recorded message said they were closed for the holiday (which indicated to me closed for 1 day), It did seem there was somehting up.

Today I called. (The chit I do for you folks  ;)) I noticed the message was changed to a standard "no one availalbe" Ok...some one was around to at least change the message....I did get through to a help desk, and the lady was not surprised that there were rumors about them. I believe her words were "Oh, again?".  

The factory is open.  

The business is working.

This was all started by someone on another board who saw the factorywas closed and without any information started the rumor.  That's it.

Rumor has it the person who started the rumor is a Master Spa salesperson.

huh. Go figure.
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 04:38:01 pm »
I just got an email from a friend who is a dealer for GL. She said that, "Rick Mouw sold the company to two men and some investors. "

She said that was as of three days ago, and also said she hopes they stick around because they owe her for warranty work.

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 04:38:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42