What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: May have a leak  (Read 2541 times)

Balsam41

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
May have a leak
« on: December 17, 2006, 10:12:59 am »
We've had our Envoy for about a month. Love it ! Have been noticing that the water level has been going down. Thought initially that it was evaporation . Today I noticed a puddle of water which I toweled up. Checked 10 minutes later and it's back.
My question is this. When I get it fixed will anything be compromised.  Will my spa be a good as new or less than perfect ?
What would you do ?
Thanks !!

Hot Tub Forum

May have a leak
« on: December 17, 2006, 10:12:59 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: May have a leak
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 10:28:44 am »
It could be as simple as a loose plumbing connection or as complicated as a bad glued joint.  Most leaks are right at the equipment compartment.  The fact that you can see where the water is comming from will help alot.  When fixed it should be good as new.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 10:38:00 am »
Where is the puddle?  If it is in the front of the spa, double check to make sure the outside drain valve is fully closed and the caps are tight on both the main drain line and the secondary drain line.  They are on the very bottom edge on the front of the spa on either side of the compartment door.

When my Envoy was installed, they did not tighten these caps and I thought I had a leak too.

Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 11:03:56 am »
where's the puddle?
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 11:48:01 am »
where's the puddle?

What's the location of the puddle?
Retired

clover

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 03:45:41 pm »
Actually, once the dealer has dealt with it, it will better than the one you have now.  We don't live in a perfect world and it probably is something simple that has been experienced before and is easily fixed.  Let us know.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Balsam41

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 05:11:11 pm »
The puddle is coming from the back right corner of the spa .( the side opposite from the control panel) On a side note ,on delivery the installers when putting in the cover lift drilled holes by mistake pretty close to where there now is a   puddle. We have been waiting for the dealer to replace the panel where they drilled the holes.

shabba34

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 11:23:11 pm »
If it is a plumbing leak, they may replace the tub at no cost to you.  I believe if the HS spas form a plumbing leak in the first 60 days, it's supposed to be returned to the factory for quality control situations.  This doesn't happen too often, but I recall having to do this 5 or 6 years ago for one of our customers.    

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 04:49:39 pm »
well let the dealer deal with your problem. But i do not think that it is a major problem.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 04:49:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42