What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What's a fair dealer markup?  (Read 2568 times)

gcbrowni

What's a fair dealer markup?
« on: December 22, 2006, 12:37:45 pm »
I'm going out tomorrow to talk to my local Great Lakes dealer about purchasing a Sunlighter. I hope to actually buy it tomorrow. I've checked around and they seem to be going for anywhere from $2850-$4500, with most being about $3000. I've seen the MSRP quoted as $3500. If I assume the other sellers are making money at $3k, then how much should allow my local delaer for an initial chemical supply, delivery and set up? $200 or $300? I'm only about 10 miles from the delaer, and there are no extraordinary delivery or set up issues.

Any idea how much I should allow forte premium plastic skkirt and upgraded colors? $200 total?

Hot Tub Forum

What's a fair dealer markup?
« on: December 22, 2006, 12:37:45 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: What's a fair dealer markup?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 12:26:38 pm »
If you rephrase your question you will probably get more responses. The dealer mark up question has been addressed time and time agian. Maybe ask what a "fair discount on a floor model" or somoe such. Search the archives. Otherwise, most dealers I know of provide cover, cover lifter, ozone, chem kit and spa site delivery in the price of their tubs. I'm not too familiar with GL, but I'm guessing the Sunlighter is a small unit, so the lifter is probably not needed.

I'm going out tomorrow to talk to my local Great Lakes dealer about purchasing a Sunlighter. I hope to actually buy it tomorrow. I've checked around and they seem to be going for anywhere from $2850-$4500, with most being about $3000. I've seen the MSRP quoted as $3500. If I assume the other sellers are making money at $3k, then how much should allow my local delaer for an initial chemical supply, delivery and set up? $200 or $300? I'm only about 10 miles from the delaer, and there are no extraordinary delivery or set up issues.

Any idea how much I should allow forte premium plastic skkirt and upgraded colors? $200 total?
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 01:50:34 pm »
Pretty much all the spas I looked at included cover, startup chemicals, steps and delivery in their quoted prices.  A couple offered packs where you could opt out of the steps and chemicals, but even those included cover and delivery.

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 01:50:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42