What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ok, Very new, a little confused looking for advice  (Read 5036 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Ok, Very new, a little confused looking for ad
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 02:49:49 pm »
2 tablespoons of dichlor? do you mean teaspoons?  You want to add enough dichlor so that after running the pumps for 10 minutes, you get a reading of about 5 ppm.

Not seeing any chlorine the next time you soak is the beauty of it.   You've sanitized the tub the last time you used it, and now, when you go to use it again, the chlorine levels are virtually non existant. You are not soaking in harsh chlorinated water.  ;)

As far as shocking, you can ether use Dichlor or MPS. I use MPS 75% of the time, and occasionaly mix it up with using a super dose of  dichlor.  Both work well for me.  However, the dichlor shocking takes more time to disapate (a day or so to get back down to usable levels).

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 02:49:49 pm »

Late Innings

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 03:25:50 pm »
No, I mean tablespoons. The advice from Galen was 1 tablespoon if just one bather, 2 tablespoons if more than one bather.   I'll try with 2 teaspoons and see after 15 min or so what my residual is.  I'm pretty sure 2 tablespoons blew it up to about 10.

Thanks

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 03:36:31 pm »
Galen is a lying poser wannabe who doesn't know what he is talking about.  I don't htink he even owns a hot tub, or even been in one for that matter. OK? Half the time he just makes things up and pulls info out of his butt.

Add just enough to get a reading of 5ppm.

(joking Galen. Joking.  ;) :D :D ;D :))
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 03:37:02 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 05:59:48 pm »
No, I mean tablespoons. The advice from Galen was 1 tablespoon if just one bather, 2 tablespoons if more than one bather.   I'll try with 2 teaspoons and see after 15 min or so what my residual is.  I'm pretty sure 2 tablespoons blew it up to about 10.

Thanks

Thats a lot of chlorine to use.  I know with a Maxxus you will use more than many of us because of the size, but I use about a tsp in my Optima.  I also have to let you know, I don't reach or want to reach 5 ppm free chlorine.  I try to get to 2 ppm normally and 5 ppm only once per week for good measure.

Late Innings

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 07:21:52 pm »
It seems like a lot of chlorine. My pool is maintained at about 2ppm with the appropriate N2 cartridge but thats a constant.  This stuff seems to burn off quite quckly though.   I'm going to play with it a bit and see what's effective.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 07:21:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42