What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water Wand Filter Cleaner  (Read 3043 times)

countryboy

• soak it in cider
Water Wand Filter Cleaner
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:47:15 am »
Anyone use a water wand filter cleaner? Its a hand held nozle that goes on the end of your garden hose that has fingers that go between the pleats of your filter to clean it better?

Hot Tub Forum

Water Wand Filter Cleaner
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:47:15 am »

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
Re: Water Wand Filter Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 07:02:22 am »
never used it!
But it sounds like a good idea

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 07:13:32 am »
I thought it was a good idea too. I got one and used it once..and really liked it.  Then the seals failed and it leaked like crazy. The idea is great, and if it was made better, it would be fine, but I would say don't waste your money.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 10:49:57 am by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

countryboy

• soak it in cider
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 07:37:24 am »
I noticed in the ad I saw for it it mentioned leaks? Said if you didn't tighten the hose enought it would leak, also gave a break down of the parts layout.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 10:13:41 am »
I think that it is not that important unless you have well water or water with dirty water.  If you are worried, run the hose for a bit before you start filling.

I cant see the advantage, your tub will have the water filtered in no time without it.

countryboy

• soak it in cider
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 10:30:59 am »
Bosco, this is to clean your dirty Spa filter.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 10:53:54 am by countryboy »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 10:38:13 am »
With the original design there were too much threads where the hose screwed in and some hoses didn't bottom out onto the hose gasket. Ann, try simply adding another hose gasket. That should solve the leaking problem for you. If that still doesn't fix the leaking problem, return or exchange it for a new one. The newer design has less threads to prevent this from happening.

Performance wise? It really depends on your water pressure. It takes the water and splits it into 7 separate streams. If you have great water pressure, it works quite well. If your pressure is only so-so, it doesn't put out a lot of power.

Personally, besides cleaning spa filters (and I don't use it for that as I have something better) it's the absolute best nozzle for washing the car  :P

« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 10:38:47 am by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 11:06:15 am »
Doc, my water wand developed leaks at the swtich to turn it on and off. It was fine at the hose connection..I always have extra hose gaskets so that wasn't a problem but when it started leaking at the switch, it lost pressure to the spray fingers. So besides not getting enough water pressure to clean the pleats, I got soaked.  Like I said the first time I used it, I loved it...my spa technician even saw me using it and thought  it was cool...I have no idea of why it started leaking like that :(..I am on well water so I don't have tremendous pressure (not enough to ruin that seal). If there is a new and improved version...it may be worth a try.
I would be interested in what you have that is better...
When I did my last water change, I left my dirty filters in place to pull out the iron. When I switched them with clean ones they were really rust covered.  Typically my purple filter cleaner will remove all the orange ...but not this time. I have been soaking, spraying...you name it and there is still orange rust all over the filters.. >:(

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 11:19:58 am »
I haven't recieved mine yet but the problem you describe is covered here.  http://www.rhtubs.com/store/water-wand.htm

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 11:35:58 am »
Doc, my water wand developed leaks at the swtich to turn it on and off.

And that's exactly where the escaping water usually comes out. It doesn't leak out of where the hose screws in.

I would be interested in what you have that is better...
When I did my last water change, I left my dirty filters in place to pull out the iron. When I switched them with clean ones they were really rust covered.  Typically my purple filter cleaner will remove all the orange ...but not this time. I have been soaking, spraying...you name it and there is still orange rust all over the filters.. >:(

I think they're overly expensive, but I tend to be, shall we say, frugal, on these type of things. But, it does a great job, is simple to use and I got it as a free sample. I just drop the filter on, turn on the hose, and walk away. A few minutes later the filter is as clean as it would be if I stood there for twice as long with a hose getting soaked  :P ............ However, in your case, if blasting it with hose wont clean it, I don't think this would work much better. Just easier.

If adding another hose gasket doesn't fix the leaking and you got the Water Wand from us, please PM me your address and I'll send out another to you. I don't klnow if we have the new version in yet as there's really no way to tell the difference. The manufacturer was going to simply have them made with 1-1/2 fewer threads, and no other markings of any kind.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 11:40:24 am by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 04:52:35 pm »
oh I thought that it was for filling the tub.  That looks pretty cool the one that looks like an ice scraper.  I have never even heard of something like this.

kitisi

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 08:58:55 pm »
I use the dishwsher the soap that you use has tsp a good cleaner, i put them horizontal on the top rack put soap in the pre wash then run every 5 minutes  i stop the dishwasher and rotate them slightly works great

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 05:29:21 pm »
Countryboy..I need to thank you for this post.  I found my waterwand (glad I didn't throw it out), added the extra gasket in the handle and it works great  :D. I wish I had asked Doc before, I could have been using it all summer! Thanks  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 05:29:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42