What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Getting my camera this weekend  (Read 9738 times)

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
Re: Getting my camera this weekend
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 11:34:57 am »
Yay!!! Digital pics will be gracing our screens within the next 12 hours!!  8-)

And.... YAY!  A whole mess of wine officianados at my fingertips!!  I love you guys! ;D

Anne, I'm about the same distance to one of our national wine regions as you are to Napa.  There are 2 major regions in Canada that are known for their grapes... one is in BC - the Okanagan - which I visited last summer on a cross-country tour.  Fun. The other is on my doorstep in southwestern Ontario - the Niagara area.  Over the last couple of years I've made a few weekend trips to experience the tastings around there.  We once tried a marathon to see how many we could hit in one day but after the 5th winery, everything started to taste like perfume! ;D

I like my local stuff - some great Pinot Noirs are to be found - as well as some stellar Chardonnays for those of you who prefer whites. (I often like the sharpness of a Pino Grigio myself.)  The beauty of these local wines is that they're usually reasonably priced for a decent bottle.  I've never spent more than about $35 for a bottle of wine so my palate may be limited... Oh who cares? ;)  I know what I like. ::)

But as a red drinker, I like the bold Italian Valpolicellas and Sangioveses.  I can also have fun with a spicy Shiraz and a muted Merlot though.  The CAMPOFIORIN that I mentioned, made my MASI, is like an Amerone; the grapes are semi-sun-dried before pressing, giving the wine a great warm richness.  Round here, a bottle sells for about $17.00 but should be priced closer to $50 for all of its character. I'd be thrilled if some of you with more experience than I could find a bottle and tell me your impressions of it.

Oh ya... tubs.  Um.....even before the tub arrived, I went out to buy some plastic wine glasses to enjoy my bevvy of choice!  (Phew!~  Just managed to keep the thread in context.) ;D

« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 11:37:31 am by Silent_Water »
...because integrity's the key

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 11:34:57 am »

In Canada eh

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 05:18:49 pm »
I'm also kinda partial to Australian Shiraz; Wolfblass Eaglehawk is a nice curl-up-beside-the-fire-after-a-soak bottle of wine. :)

SW, Anne and all,

If you liked the Eagle Hawk(which I really liked) have you tried Lindemans Bin 50 shiraz.  Nice wine at a nice price
Bullfrog 451

tileman

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 05:43:38 pm »
Well I have the camera and pics have been taken! :)
I'm having trouble uploading them from my computer to photobucket. I don't have a problem with other pics just the ones from my camera.
PLEASE HELP!!

Chad

tileman

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 06:10:32 pm »
I finally got them to upload!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 06:22:11 pm by tileman »

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 06:11:40 pm »
What resolution did you take the pictures in. If the camera was sert up for tiff or raw format then you might have a problem. You could also try picasa a google program. It is free and really easy to use.   looks like I am to late nice setup.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 06:12:20 pm by jfish63 »

tileman

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2006, 06:50:29 pm »
What resolution did you take the pictures in. If the camera was sert up for tiff or raw format then you might have a problem. You could also try picasa a google program. It is free and really easy to use.   looks like I am to late nice setup.

Thanks for the help and the compliments.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2006, 07:04:37 pm »
sorry back to wine, I just finished a beautiful Massi Valpolicella 2005 Classico.  Really nice red wine. It is wonderful.  

I love Australian Reds, Jus finished WolfBlass Yellow Label cabernet sauvignon.  So nice a little pricey but amazing.

Now have a nice chilean cab sauv. It is gatonegro

here is a review I just read about it

Color:intense red with violet tints.Bouquet:fresh ripe fruit aromas, such as blackberries and black currants. This is a generous, open wine.Palate:a drinkable wine with gentle tannins. Its attack is full of fruit with a pleasant finish.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2006, 07:56:57 pm »
OK lets see if you know your wines, Bosco and Anne. I was down at the Lake of the Ozarks at Bagnel Dam. There's this C-store, my wife says "pull in here". We go in and it has all this stuff for the house I call junk but it was expensive junk. Theres this little frig on the counter and it had one bottle of wine in it. Help me with it. Dom Perignon? $186.00 :o Whats with this? Right around the corner is this big humador with all these big a$$ cigars. I have never seen a C-store like that. Just down the road a mile or two are million dollar lake homes but I can't figure why that wine is so costly. It was like 1999, you know, not that old. :-/

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2006, 08:22:36 pm »
Dom is Champagne - according to some, it is the benchmark for all other Champagnes.

The same friend that came with me on that Niagara wine tour marathon once bought a $200 bottle of Dom Perignon to celebrate his anniversary. His wife chose that day to tell him that she wanted out of the mariage and he ended up drinking it out of the bottle all by himself.  :'(

HEY CHAD!!!! Great pics!  That Jacuzzi makes a beautiful looking tub.  Thanks for sharing.  8-)

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2006, 08:25:34 pm »
Whoops!  Missed Bosco's wine comments...
I love Australian Reds, Jus finished WolfBlass Yellow Label cabernet sauvignon.

Bosco, that was my former fave - in fact, I was never a red wine drinker before Wolfblass Yellow Label.  If you like that try Bin 444.  Cheers!

anne

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2006, 11:26:50 pm »
I'm gonna start a wine thread later tonight in the BS section so that others will know, and tileman can have his thread back!!!!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

tileman

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2006, 11:52:37 pm »
I'm gonna start a wine thread later tonight in the BS section so that others will know, and tileman can have his thread back!!!!!!

I'll give you this thread if you send me a bottle of wine. ;D

anne

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2006, 01:40:20 am »
LOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D......no.

But happy birthday anyway!!!!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2006, 01:40:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42