What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Yellow Ring  (Read 13770 times)

The_Pa._Lady

Yellow Ring
« on: November 11, 2006, 12:37:26 pm »
Never had this before.  I just noticed a yellow ring around my tub where the water line was, I say was, because the water had been at a higher level and some evaporated.  It wipes clean, except for a strip about 2 inches that won't come clean.  Also, when I went to clean my filters, they had a yellow residue on them, cleaned up pretty good, but not 100%.  Chemicals are good.  

We do use soft water to fill and then put in what my dealer recommends to harden it.  

What do you experienced tubbers say it could be?  

Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

Yellow Ring
« on: November 11, 2006, 12:37:26 pm »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Re: Yellow Ring
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 12:44:42 pm »
I got this too, after about a week of using my new tub.  Chems were all good, filter is clean... I think it's just oils that build up over time.  I tossed a scum ball under my filter cover and all has been well since -- no more ring.
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Webini

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 12:48:25 pm »
Never had this before.  I just noticed a yellow ring around my tub where the water line was, I say was, because the water had been at a higher level and some evaporated.  It wipes clean, except for a strip about 2 inches that won't come clean.  Also, when I went to clean my filters, they had a yellow residue on them, cleaned up pretty good, but not 100%.  Chemicals are good.  

We do use soft water to fill and then put in what my dealer recommends to harden it.  

What do you experienced tubbers say it could be?  

Thank you.

The Mr Clean Magic Eraser is your friend for this issue.  Get them at any grocery store for a couple of bucks.  It will take the ring right off and not harm the shell finish.

The ring is fairly normal from body oils and such.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 01:55:49 pm »
Microfiber cloths work well at cleaning and polishing as well.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 05:34:33 pm »
Generally a fresh fill problem. Should only experience for a day or so. Unless there's really oilly bathers.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 08:01:29 pm »
buy a scum ball and it will eliminate surface oils.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 08:01:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42