What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gulf Coast or Spas direct  (Read 1548 times)

bulldog

Gulf Coast or Spas direct
« on: November 04, 2006, 06:11:44 pm »
I have been looking at tubs for a couple months now and have come across a couple good deals on these tubs but that makes me hesitant.  Does anyone have any input on the Gulf Coast LX9000 or the Spas direct Paradies.

Hot Tub Forum

Gulf Coast or Spas direct
« on: November 04, 2006, 06:11:44 pm »

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
Re: Gulf Coast or Spas direct
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 06:38:59 pm »
Bulldog, my advice to you is to run very fast from both of these brands. You can find lots of feedback on several forums for both of these brands, most of it bad. I strongly suggest you find a local dealer you can trust and that will backup the product they sell. Also a wet test is suggested but if not at least a dry run in the spa to see how it feels. Now some will absolutely demand a wet test but I know that more often than not spas are sold without people doing a wet test. Remember that there is a difference between price and cost. Consider the cost of having the tub for a long time and potential repairs and overall life of tub. There are lots of other mfgs out there that are much higher quality and integrity. Please look around some more before buying one of these.

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 07:06:29 pm »
Bulldog

Niether of the two spas you mentioned has had favourable reviews for various reasons,  besides with a name like Bulldog you should own a Bullfrog ;)
Bullfrog 451

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 08:57:50 am »
Gulf Coast is a brand that was made by another manufacturer (Hydrospa) until about a year ago.  Gulf Coast decided they could make more money doing it themselves so they started their own factory.  I have heard that they violated their contract with Hydro by doing this and is being sued.  

Spas Direct is made by a relatively small company is the Detroit area.  He primarily sells through his own retail stores and also markets pn the internet.  

I would agree to continue your search and skip these 2 brands.
Measure once, cut twice.

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 11:08:12 am »
Ditto that!
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 11:08:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42