What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bull Frog Jet Packs  (Read 4611 times)

Spiderman

Bull Frog Jet Packs
« on: November 04, 2006, 04:22:32 pm »
I just watched Bull Frog's promo video and all they talked about was the jetpacks.  How the heck are the jetpacks powered?  Does each one have a battery pack?  I'm just wondering because if there are no holes in the shell where jets normally would go, what powers the jets?  Also, how is the water filtered and where does it flow since it has no typical plumbing?  What insulation do they have?  You would think that a spa company would tell potential buyers those things in their promo video  :-?    All I know about Bull Frog at this point after watching the video is that they are "the only spas in the world with jet packs".    Please don't take me wrong, I'm not putting them down, I just would like some answers.  I know a few have Bull Frog here and love them.  I guess I just don't understand them at this point.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

Bull Frog Jet Packs
« on: November 04, 2006, 04:22:32 pm »

Repeat_Offender

Re: Bull Frog Jet Packs
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 04:35:00 pm »
The jets in the jetpacks are powered the same way as any hot tub. The difference is that instead of holes being drilled into the shell for individual jets, the jets are installed into the seatbacks in a variety of configurations. The seatbacks can then be placed around the tub in any number of seat positions. The packs are fed from a main header which connects to the jetpacks with two hand tightened unions. This header which is connected to one or two single or two speed pumps, can be divided to feed any number of packs. There are no diverter valves. The water filtration system is conventional, that is there is a smaller dedicated filtration pump and two screw in pleated filter cartridges. I'm no salesman, just a happy owner, and would be glad to help with any questions you might have.
Joe
Bullfrog 562

George

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 04:36:15 pm »
I just watched Bull Frog's promo video and all they talked about was the jetpacks.  How the heck are the jetpacks powered?  Does each one have a battery pack?  I'm just wondering because if there are no holes in the shell where jets normally would go, what powers the jets?  Also, how is the water filtered and where does it flow since it has no typical plumbing?  What insulation do they have?  You would think that a spa company would tell potential buyers those things in their promo video  :-?    All I know about Bull Frog at this point after watching the video is that they are "the only spas in the world with jet packs".    Please don't take me wrong, I'm not putting them down, I just would like some answers.  I know a few have Bull Frog here and love them.  I guess I just don't understand them at this point.  
They have one pipe going all the way around the outside above the water level, but inside the cabinet.  There are unions on that pipe to hook up the jet packs to.  They have similar filters as other tubs.  All the jet plumbing is on the back of the jet pack and sets down in the water. Try looking on their web site.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 04:37:13 pm by George »

In Canada eh

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 04:43:27 pm »
Spiderman,

A Bullfrog tub has a 2 1/2 inch water line running around the top of the tub.  Each jet pack has a pair of unions and a 1 inch air line that allows you to move them or order the tub with what ever jetpack you want.  The water filtration is the same as other tubs that have a filter bay.  Bullfrog tubs are full foam insulated.

Yes, I agree with you Bullfrog talks alot about the jet pack idea and very little about the rest of the tub.  The componants are the same high quality you find in other manufacturers,  Balboa controls, Dell ozone generators, Emerson Motors, Aquaflo Pumps and Waterway Jets for the most part.

The big hype with the jet packs is alittle overblown cause you probably wouldn't move them around constantly but once you find your favorite seat you can move your favourite jetpack to that seat.  We have thought about buying one other jet pack ( found one alittle boring ) but haven't yet

Bullfrog tubs have a excellent warranty,  3 years "blame free" on the equipment, 5 years on the skirt, 7 years on the shell and a lifetime against leaks

All in all they make a great tub at a good price
Bullfrog 451

gturn

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 10:38:52 am »
I don't own a Bullfrog Spa, but I have toured their MFG plant.
Here are some photos from their web site, hope they work.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 10:38:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42