What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Showers before soaking in tub  (Read 4249 times)

tileman

Showers before soaking in tub
« on: November 01, 2006, 07:26:00 pm »
Is it best to shower before entering spa? I have been since I got mine Sunday and it is a real hassle. Am I being overly cautious?

Chad

Hot Tub Forum

Showers before soaking in tub
« on: November 01, 2006, 07:26:00 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Showers before soaking in tub
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 07:45:29 pm »
Is it best to shower before entering spa? I have been since I got mine Sunday and it is a real hassle. Am I being overly cautious?

Chad
Is it best? Absolutely.
Is it a hassle? IMO, absolutely.
Would it inhibit me from using my spa as much? Absolutely.
Do I shower before using my spa? Only if I feel my day's events specifically warrant it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 07:46:50 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tileman

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 07:48:14 pm »
Better question.

I work construction and work around paint fumes, saw dust, propane heaters, mortar dust, dirt, and probably more stuff. Since I'm exposed to so much, is it a good idea to shower before entering my spa?

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 07:49:37 pm »
i do not take a shower befor i hop into the tub.
the cems should take care of that!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 07:57:19 pm »
whats the worse that can happen??? You will need to dump the water at the very worst.  I agree that your chemicals should take care of anything on you.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 08:19:03 pm »
Don't shower and if your water needs to be dumped - do it. As has been said - let your chems work for you. If you see that a certain amount of sanitizer doesn't give you the proper results - add a little more.

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 09:20:49 pm »
Your tub is meant to be enjoyed.  If you enjoy it more to jump right in after work, without showering, then do it.

If that means you have to change the water every 2 months instead of 4, that's a small price to pay, in my opinion.

-geekd

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 10:43:08 pm »
Do you get your hair wet?  Is the saw dust visible on your skin?  Do you sweat heavily at your job?  Do you wear aftershave or cologne?  Do you put hair gel or hair spray on your hair?  These are the things that will add gunk to your tub.  Hot tubs are obviously not designed to get clean in.  If you come home and feel grungy, shower!  Not such a grunge day, jump in.  I would bet my wifes makeup, hair gel, cologne, body lotion, and moisturizers do my water in aster than sweat, saw dust, or pain thinner. Have a blast with it!  Its your tub!

glastron

• no one doesnt like spatopia
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 11:55:40 pm »
seems to me if only a few people are useing it 90%of the time as is mine and u know the chem routine shouldnt be a prob.Some time ago I was head of maint. at a resort with 1000 gal tub man i changed the water at the very least once a week.but if its usually just ur family I wouldnt bother takin a shower before kinda takes the fun outa it doesnt it.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 10:07:42 am »
I would only shower before using the tub if I was very dirty and/or sweaty. If I'm out doing yardwork, it can get pretty bad (grass, leaves, stuck to me, heay dirt on my neck and brow).  My wife  slathers herself with oils every day, and I prefer she shower, or not be "slick" when using the tub.

But I think typically, you don't need to shower before use. If you use the proper amount and regularity of sanitizer, have decent filtration (and clean filters) and are on top of your water maitience, showering is unnesseary unless you are overly dirty, have an unsual glanduar problem, (some folks do) or a just a  bit compulsive.   ;)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 10:58:23 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 02:15:10 pm »
IMO, if your normal routine is to shower when you get home from work because of the type of work you do, I would shower before using the spa.  Otherwise, I completely agree with spatech.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 02:23:32 pm »
IMO, if your normal routine is to shower when you get home from work because of the type of work you do, I would shower before using the spa.  

espicaly true if your name is Mike Rowe.

Mike Rowe, Discovery Channels host for "Dirty Jobs"
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/dirtyjobs/splash.html
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 02:24:18 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 04:00:19 pm »
IMO, if your normal routine is to shower when you get home from work because of the type of work you do, I would shower before using the spa.  Otherwise, I completely agree with spatech.

It's a blue collar, white collar thing. Blue collar, we shower when we get home from work so no problem. White collar shower before work and go to bed dirty....yuck. Or you do the wastfull white collar 2 shower a day shuffle. Or theres those who need a shower after work so they do that, and they also need a shower to wake up in the morning. We have had long campfire discussions regarding daily showers....LOL
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 04:01:55 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 04:17:34 pm »
Tileman,
Do you normally shower when you come home from work? My son and his friends work construction and I mandate no tubbing until they shower. Concrete dust makes for some ugly water and I am sure not so good for the pumps. I don't shower before I get in but then I work a white collar job and come home pretty clean. If I have been sweating a lot after running or playing basketball I will shower before getting in. Hope this helps and like others said try it and see how bad the water gets. Happy tubbing!! :) :)

Bama

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 08:44:24 pm »
Better question.

I work construction and work around paint fumes, saw dust, propane heaters, mortar dust, dirt, and probably more stuff. Since I'm exposed to so much, is it a good idea to shower before entering my spa?

Maybe, think of it this way...
If after a long day at work, you have gotten dirty and/or perspired, you have to reason that the muck of the day is still on your body until you wash it off.
Now, do you want to use your hot tub as a bath tub, changing your water frequently,
or is it more important to you that your water and filters  stay clean for longer periods?
It's a matter of what best suit you and your life style.
 If you don't mind changing your water often, then jump in, muck and all.  
Seems like a personal preference to me.
That's just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 08:45:34 pm by Bama »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 08:44:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42