What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: filtration cycles  (Read 2204 times)

Slappy

filtration cycles
« on: October 28, 2006, 12:16:16 pm »
My united spa has a timer for the filtration. I can set it for 24 hrs. and the pump runs on low 24/7. This is how I currenly run my tub. I can also set the timer to come on and off at different intervals, however, when I do this, the pump kicks on in high speed, not low. This seems odd to me. I don't have an owner's manual and can't find any schematic for this system. Shouldn't the pumps turn on in low speed when the timer kicks?

- Slappy

Hot Tub Forum

filtration cycles
« on: October 28, 2006, 12:16:16 pm »

Slappy

Re: filtration cycles
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 07:11:51 am »
I have dug into the control panel and found that my wiring was installed back-ass-ward. After I switched the black wire and the red wire, suddenly the tub works the way it was originally designed to. Now the world is well.
How often and how long should filtration pumps come on for a 350 gallon tub?

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 09:11:56 pm »
I think...6 hours minimum. In this case, most would set it to run prior to your normal use period. Some will say different. More is better-pertaining to water clarity and helping with the sanitizing burden.
You also probably have the choice of running it on thermostat mode.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Slappy

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 12:42:10 pm »
I don't actually have a thermostat mode.
I ran it last night for 30 minutes every two hours and it used just as much electric through that time as if I just ran it on low pumps for 24 hours. The temp held good and all seemed fine. I'll try running it for 30 minutes every 3 hours. Does that sound about right?

- Slappy

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 01:52:14 pm »
If it is not a noise issue I would run is 24/7, less wear, cleaner water and you will see you will have an easier time with the water overall.

I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Slappy

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 05:11:44 pm »
If it is not a noise issue I would run is 24/7, less wear, cleaner water and you will see you will have an easier time with the water overall.

That's exactly what I thought. No fear of freezing unless power goes out, too. I think I'll stick with that method.

- Slappy

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 06:08:52 pm »
keeping it running 24/7 ?????
I only would do that with a circ pump.

Slappy

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 12:24:20 pm »
But why would you not use the 24 hour setting that the tub is designed with? They would not have made it that way if you weren't supposed to do that, would they (they being the manufacturer) ?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 12:24:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42