What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Oh blessed quiet!  (Read 1813 times)

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
Oh blessed quiet!
« on: October 26, 2006, 08:22:06 am »
Since we have had a minor cold snap (near freezing overnight) here in the mid-atlantic, I have really enjoyed getting into my tub in the evening and hearing......nothing!

No crickets, frogs, cicadas, air conditioning compressors....nada, zip, bubkis.

The occasional dog barking in the distance or airplane overhead...that's about it.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:22:54 am by PotomacG »

Hot Tub Forum

Oh blessed quiet!
« on: October 26, 2006, 08:22:06 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Oh blessed quiet!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 08:58:43 am »
I love the crickets, frogs and cicadas but I'm with you re: air conditioning compressors.....yuck!  And those cooler nights are bringing some crisp, clear views of the stars, too.....yum!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 01:00:18 pm »
The stars are gettting a little brighter.  

Sometimes I do enjoy the wildlife, but they can get a little too noisy at times.  I'm glad I live in a place with 4 seasons, so I can enjoy some peace and quite along with the fridged temperatures.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 01:09:53 pm »
The stars are gettting a little brighter.  

Sometimes I do enjoy the wildlife, but they can get a little too noisy at times.  I'm glad I live in a place with 4 seasons, so I can enjoy some peace and quite along with the fridged temperatures.

My hot tub and skiing are the ONLY things that get me through Winter.  Spring, Summer, Fall? Love 'em. Winter? Eh, not so much.

But as I said, the tub really has made winter so much nicer for me.  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 07:37:12 pm »
I love the crickets, frogs and cicadas but I'm with you re: air conditioning compressors.....yuck!  And those cooler nights are bringing some crisp, clear views of the stars, too.....yum!

I have a high efficiency furnace and I hear it shooting out the exhast gases on the side of my house! Other than that, yes it pretty quite!

I can't wait for the leaves to fall from the trees, then I get to see some stars. Of course with all the light pollution on my deck, the views not a great as it used to be ... although at 5 AM it is nice and dark out there, maybe it's time for early AM soaks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 07:37:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42