What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: SPIDERS!!!!!  (Read 13074 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: SPIDERS!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 03:14:02 pm »
I am amazed at how many men are afraid of spiders....I must say though, I don't like your friends, Term....especially the Recluse! My bad ol football player is terrified of spiders...he would die if he knew I pulled a big ol' wolf spider out of his shower the other day!
If you leave them alone, they won't bother you...as long as they aren't hiding in your shoes!!! I don't mean they should be in or on your hot tub but they are probably looking for a nice warm place to incubate spidy eggs....who knows maybe they have the same romantic ideas that bama did!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 04:40:14 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 03:14:02 pm »

NWHotTubber

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 03:33:21 pm »
Well I just finished being 'proactive', I sprayed the Max home defense (what I had t=in the garage).  Sprayed all around the back of the house while I was at it.   I don't want spiders to take up residence!  

I only sprayed around the base of the spa, and think I will try some lemon pledge around the top of the skirting.

MDG3

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 11:59:14 pm »
Hi,

I read somewhere that mothballs work for mice/rats, I wonder if it works for spiders too?

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 03:58:08 pm »
Mothballs do work to drive mice away, but I don't think it would be good to use in the cabinet or around your tub. They smell terrible and it is no wonder the mice hate them...I don't think they would have any effect on spiders.  Get a chicken

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 04:03:23 pm »
Brown Recluse Spiders is bad juju:

Termy
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 04:24:40 pm »
That hand reminds me of my ex-girlfriends teeth!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 09:55:30 am »
Very obvioulsy a spider bite infected by Pseudomonas from a nasty hot tub! ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 10:02:17 am »
That hand reminds me of my ex-girlfriends teeth!
I was at a low end bachelor party years ago for a friend of a freind and saw a stripper who had a simmilar feature, but it wasn't her teeth that looked that way.  :P
07 Caldera Geneva

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 12:37:33 pm »
Oh YICK!!

Some pix definitely need a warning attached, my breakfast almost did an encore on me, looking at that.

I pity the poor soul . . .

<shudders>

deputy_dog123

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2006, 10:28:54 pm »
Ortho makes a great spray that kills spiders on contact and keeps them away. I use it in my basement and around the foundation of my house on the outside as well.

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2006, 10:59:06 pm »
I use mothballs around my camper year round and although it does not completely eliminate insects, I very seldom see spiders or mice.  Grant it, you will have to endure the smell of being at "grannies" for a few weeks, but to me it's a pretty fair trade off.

Jr

Astropin

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 02:59:13 pm »
We've had little tree frogs taking up residence under the skirt of the tub. They are gone now, finally had to go hibernate for the winter. I don't mind them to much...they don't appear to actually go for a swim  :) But it was not pretty the one time I flipped over half of the cover and smashed one underneath.

anne

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 03:27:47 pm »
I'd be fine with little tree frogs, as long as they were safely out of the way of smashing. I'd feel horrible.

I have not decided what to do for prevention yet, but I go on an almost daily spider hunt. No more back widows to be found, but there was another big fat angular brown one guarding an eggsac this morning in a little nook of the cover and side flap. Hosed the sac away; pretty sure mom made it safely somewhere, but I can only kill so much in one day.

As far as the lemon pledge that was recommended: I just ordered Citrabright from Doc's site, and thought that might be a better thing to try, assuming that it is the citrus component of the lemon pledge that works for repellent. Any comments? Anyone used it? Doc?

I am *this* close to either spraying myself of getting Clark "We need you!" to come on over. I hate the idea of insecticides, but I also hate the idea of a person or my dog or cat getting a black widow bite. I am afraid to touch my wood pile- good thing its not cold enough for fires.
Dance like nobody's watching

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 03:44:03 pm »

Available at HomeDepot.

Should do the trick.
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 03:44:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42