What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First sign of snow`  (Read 4606 times)

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
Re: First sign of snow`
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 06:48:54 pm »
Yup...  Just 1 degree above freezing today and almost white out conditions.  Snowing as I write this.  My wife and kids and I are going for our FIRST DIP in the new Jacuzzi tonight!!! ;D ;D
I'd say perfect weather for breaking the newest addition to the family in.  Hey Silent Water, you and I are in the same neck of the woods!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 06:48:54 pm »

In Canada eh

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 06:50:23 pm »
35 deg F and snowing on and of all day, thank God its not accumulating.   I really hate this  >:(

I had a job offer in Florida last year I wonder if its still available ;)
Bullfrog 451

In Canada eh

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 06:52:31 pm »
 Hey Silent Water, you and I are in the same neck of the woods!!

Hey! Where are both of you guys, we are also in SW Ontario, the Windsor area
Bullfrog 451

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 07:08:14 pm »

90 minutes up the 401 in London!! :D

Spiderman

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 07:17:15 pm »
38F and windy as heck today.  We were supposed to get some flurries, but didn't.  I guess I'll take the cold and snow and know I never have to worry about earthquakes, like 87F and sunny California   ;D    
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 10:38:30 am »

Hi, In_Canada_Eh  and  SlimChance.

I'm surprised at how many of us there are from SW Ont here on this forum.  Nice to talk to the neighbours!
I'm also from London and new to the site - as well as to tubbing.

This site proves one thing though... it's not only Canadians who like to talk about the weather! ;)

Oh!  Almost forgot!    EH?
...because integrity's the key

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 10:58:41 am »
Started a light rain at around 5am - chilly. I think its around 60 out there right now.

I had to go put the boat away - it was laoded up and hitched to the Spas etc. truck sitting out front ready for a ski day.

Guess I may have to go to work today instead.

Bummer.

And I have lost over 60 pounds in the past five months so I am freezing!!! How do you thin people deal with actual snow and real cold climates?

I almost put on my wetsuit just to go park the boat.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 11:04:38 am »
That soak at 103 felt great, stayed in 30 minutes. If it was 60 out, we wouldn't have been able to do it.  I was hoping not to have to change my water till November, but I still should be able to make it, Highs in the 60s next week again.

Should Vermont apologize for its cheese?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 11:06:21 am »
Hey! This site proves one thing though... it's not only Canadians who like to talk about the weather! ;)

Oh!  Almost forgot!    EH?

We also talk about Hockey and the first place Blue Jackets.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 11:08:05 am »
I suppose that you can get used to anything!

But I really don't know what true COLD is like.  SW Ontario is further south and warmer than most of the Northern States.  And with the moderating effect of the Great Lakes all around us, we get lots of snow but not usually really severe cold.  Talk to somebody from Winnipeg, for instance, if you want to hear about your spit freezing before it hits the ground!

That's not for me.  Don't get me wrong... I love snow - for the first month or so - but then I'm ready for a trip to the tropics!  
...because integrity's the key

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006, 11:09:03 am »
Started a light rain at around 5am - chilly. I think its around 60 out there right now.

I had to go put the boat away - it was laoded up and hitched to the Spas etc. truck sitting out front ready for a ski day.

Guess I may have to go to work today instead.

Bummer.

And I have lost over 60 pounds in the past five months so I am freezing!!! How do you thin people deal with actual snow and real cold climates?

I almost put on my wetsuit just to go park the boat.

8-)

Shivering burns calories!

Then, when the shivering gets too much and your chattering teeth start hurting your head, you need to move around to keep warm, thus burning more calories!

Just as we invest in the best hot tub we can afford, we also must invest in the best insulation that we can afford, layer by layer.  Many of us live outside in the winter as well--snomobiling, hunting, and ice fishing, building snow forts, tubing, ice skating!  Isn't life grand??!! :) :)
2005 HS Vanguard

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2006, 11:12:01 am »

And I have lost over 60 pounds in the past five months  

8-)

WOW. That's great.    [smiley=thumbsup.gif]     I am truely impressed.  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2006, 12:57:27 pm »
38F and windy as heck today.  We were supposed to get some flurries, but didn't.  I guess I'll take the cold and snow and know I never have to worry about earthquakes, like 87F and sunny California   ;D    

Heh well I spent the first 35 years of my life in the Northeast - grew up near Boston, went to school near Lake Erie in Ohio (wind-chills of 70 below!), then back to Boston. Didn't mind the cold so much, but the summer swampiness really got me down.

As far as earthquakes, felt a few minor ones in the last 7 years, but that sure beats struggling through two months of February . . . ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2006, 12:57:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42