What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pictures of site prep - a work in progress  (Read 3339 times)

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
Pictures of site prep - a work in progress
« on: October 11, 2006, 02:44:35 pm »
I can't wait!!  It's less than 2 weeks now before my tub arrives.

Hard to believe how much prep-work there is before the big day.... But I love it!  Half the fun for me has been getting ready (running wire and conduit, sod removal, foundation prep, moving dirt, placing concrete forms, etc.)

We didn't want a plain square pad in case we ever chose to move/upgrade the tub in the future so I created a shaped patio with some extra space around the tub for general milling about.  The quotes on formed stamped concrete were pricey so my son and I came up with a home-grown solution to that too!

Thought that I'd share some progress pics...

This is the before pic:

Here the sod's peeled up and I'm starting to dig for the agregate base - that's a lot of dirt!

This is the site levelled with chips and dust and compacted: (The ladder in the background leads to my son's treehouse)

YAY!  The concrete's poured!  (I hired this part out to the pros)

Here's the finished pad.  I've still got more to do - a path out of flagstone, for instance, and some perimeter landscaping.

This was our solution to stamped concrete - one that the contractor had never seen in his 35 years of experience (in fact, he thought I was crazy).  We used as many different kinds of native leaves as we could find - and created a border around the pad. The prints are subtle but I like the effect. As it turns out, so did the contractor!

'Course, my son and I had to "sign" it!

I promise to post more of the finished product and the tub's arrival.  If anyone else has before and after pics that they'd like to share, I'd love to see them!
Happy tubbing!
...because integrity's the key

Hot Tub Forum

Pictures of site prep - a work in progress
« on: October 11, 2006, 02:44:35 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Pictures of site prep - a work in progress
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 02:48:06 pm »
I can't see the pics.  :P

They upgraded my browser, so is it me, or the poster? Anyone else see the pics? I'm very interested in seeing your solution to the stamped concrete.  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 02:58:31 pm »

They upgraded my browser, so is it me, or the poster? Anyone else see the pics? I'm very interested in seeing your solution to the stamped concrete.  :)
drewstar,
I can see the pics fine and I'm using Firefox v1.5.0.7. I just checked IE: pics are viewable there, too.
What browser are you using?

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 03:06:01 pm »
Nothing but red x's on my IE 6.0.xxxx as well.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 03:10:18 pm »
Looks GREAT!!  I love your leaves as well.  :)
2005 HS Vanguard

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 03:25:18 pm »

drewstar,
I can see the pics fine and I'm using Firefox v1.5.0.7. I just checked IE: pics are viewable there, too.
What browser are you using?

Phil

Moizilla Firefox 1.5.0.6  (Windows) Do I need to set something in my properties?
07 Caldera Geneva

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 07:06:50 pm »

Moizilla Firefox 1.5.0.6  (Windows) Do I need to set something in my properties?
Drewstsar,
In Firefox, go to Tools, Options and click the Content tab. Make sure Load Images is check marked. That should do it for you.

Phil

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 12:44:30 pm »

I can see it fine, (IE 6). Looks beautiful Silent Water - good work, and happy soaking!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 12:51:07 pm »

Drewstsar,
In Firefox, go to Tools, Options and click the Content tab. Make sure Load Images is check marked. That should do it for you.

Phil
Nope. I had the Load images checked.

I'm bummed.   :-[
07 Caldera Geneva

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 01:21:40 pm »
Nope. I had the Load images checked.

I'm bummed.   :-[
I can't think of any alternatives. It's possible your company is not allowing images from photobucket and other image sites. Many companies are screening web sites, keeping non-business sites from appearing. For instance, here at work, I can't get to Youtube.com and similar sites as it sucks up too much bandwidth.
Ask your local, friendly IT folks. Maybe they already know the answer or can help you.  8-)

Phil

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 01:21:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42