What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Aspire  (Read 4053 times)

mcmishka

Caldera Aspire
« on: September 30, 2006, 02:18:27 pm »
Does anyone have a Caldera Aspire?  How do you like it - pros and cons.   I am a floater.  We cannot find one to wet test.          Mcmishka

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Aspire
« on: September 30, 2006, 02:18:27 pm »

Spiderman

Re: Caldera Aspire
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 05:15:08 pm »
Hello floater

My husband and I recently purchased our hottub but i was also a floater.  I don't know how much looking around you have done or how many people will be using your tub but our dealer swayed us away from deep tubs.  i am 5'2" and our tub is only 29' deep.  I still float in the lounger!

I do know that the caldera Aspire has feet ridges in there tubs to help someone stay put.  But if you're a floater i would stay away from the deep tub!

I think the aspire is 36' deep and holds 7 adults.  That's a huge area to float in!
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

mcmishka

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 11:01:35 pm »
Hi Spiderman,
What tub do you have?  Are you happy with it?  We have looked at HS line, D1 line and Caldera.  We like the lights on the Caldera Aspire, but we cannot find one to wet test.  There is a floor model availabe for 6500.00 before tax.   We wet tested the Caldera Niagara and Moorea tonight.  Not as much gloating in those two.    I liked the Niagara, nice light affects.  I like the music and lights on the Aspire, just not sure how it would fit.          Mcmishka

Spiderman

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 07:55:17 am »
We have a 2006 HS Jetsetter and we love it.  The moto-massage was key in the decision.  

If you can't find an Aspire to wet test, try the Hawaiian.  It's the same shell as the Aspire, it just doesn't have as many jets and no Aquatic Melodies surround sound.  At least that way you should be able to tell if you'll float or not.

Since my wife stole my identity in the above post (BTW, what is the punishment for forum ID theft  ::)  I guess I'll give her her punishment IN the hot tub later :o), I'll give you my thoughts on our purchase.

We initially were looking at a Great Lakes spa, Forte model for around $3500.  After looking at them we knew we wanted a better tub, so after doing some research we ended up at the HS dealer.  We wet tested 4-5 tubs with the biggest being the Vanguard.  We also tested the 3 person Jetsetter and to our surprise, it was the best fit.  We also knew we didn't need a 6 or 7 person tub.  So, keep looking around and wet test any model you can.  You may be surprised what you end up with.   :)
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

mcmishka

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 10:38:10 am »
Spiderman,
Do you know if the shell on the Niagara is the same as the Aspire?  We liked the Niagara,  But I like the Aspire features better.   Thanks    Mcmishka

Spiderman

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 10:57:21 am »
The Niagara is a bit bigger at 7'5" X 7'5" and 38" deep and 500 gallons, while the Aspire is 7' X 7' and 36" deep and 380 gallons.  The Aspire does not have the Atlas neck jet system, if that was in issue for you.  You said that the Aspire has more features; could you explain this more because other than the surround sound in the Aspire, the Niagara has more jets plus the air jets.

mcmishka

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 11:30:20 am »
Spiderman,
My mistake.  I know the Niagara is larger, however, minus the air jets and extra jets, the seats in the Aspire and Niagara seem simiar.    I am also aware that the Niagara has the semi-lounge seat.  We did not care for that as it pushed us away from the side of the tub.  I liked the air bubbles, my husband does not really care if we have them.  I like the stereo and the lights.  The floor model that is for sale is the perfect color, has lights, music for 7000.00 out the door.  My husband liked the Moorea lounger.  He fit perfect.  I, of course, floateddddddddddddddddd.  Is the Moorea shell and Aspire close in seat size.  I know the jets are better in the Aspire.  Thanks for all your input.   Mcmishka

Bosox

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 04:21:39 pm »
We have a Caldera Tahitian. Its pretty close to the aspire with no music. Tahitian does have neck jets in the lounger and one seat. The Tahitian is 7'x7". I'm 5'11" and wifey is 5'4" and the lounger is fine. We float very little. Good luck

Bosox

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 04:21:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42