What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Monopersulfate  (Read 11099 times)

The_Pa._Lady

Monopersulfate
« on: September 29, 2006, 12:14:29 pm »
Please help!!

Monopersulfate is the lowest it can get.  The PH was low, I added 1 tsp., that came up fine.  The rest of the readings are all fine except the Mono.  What can I do to raise that without messing up the others things?  The people I bought the hot tub from said not to worry, the Mono. will come up on it's own, that was on Monday, still not up.  Does it matter a lot if this is low?

Thanks for all your help.  It's so nice to have people like you to help people like me.

Hot Tub Forum

Monopersulfate
« on: September 29, 2006, 12:14:29 pm »

shabba34

Re: Monopersulfate
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 12:18:57 pm »
Please help!!

Monopersulfate is the lowest it can get.  The PH was low, I added 1 tsp., that came up fine.  The rest of the readings are all fine except the Mono.  What can I do to raise that without messing up the others things?  The people I bought the hot tub from said not to worry, the Mono. will come up on it's own, that was on Monday, still not up.  Does it matter a lot if this is low?

Thanks for all your help.  It's so nice to have people like you to help people like me.
Mono (non-chlorine shock/oxidizer) does not come up on its own, you have to add the chemical in order for levels to be present.  The person you purchased the spa from gave you false info or there is some confusion amongst the two of you.  Soundl like you may need a chemical lesson for treatment of spas.  You can research this site for many topics regarding this.  Good luck ;)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 12:18:59 pm »
You're not supposed to be testing for that.

PH, Calcium, Alkalinity and sanitizer is all what you are supposed to test for.

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 12:32:09 pm »
Vinny,

I am using the AquaCheck test strips.  They test for 3 things, Mono., Ph, & Alkalinity.  It does not check for calcium or sanitizer (is this the same as the Oxidizer)?  I did add non chlorine shock.  Thanks again.  

What are the best test strips to use, ones that have all that I need to test for?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 04:29:40 pm »
Don't use strips, use a test kit. Personally,I like the Taylor, K-2005 kit.

Unfortunately none of the kits test for MPS. MPS does absolutely no sanitizing of your spa. You're probably either on Nature 2 (N2) or another type of mineral system.

I agree with pkud, you did get false info ... and that false info may give you problems.

You need to get some sanitizer - either dichlor or bromine but if your using N2 you can't use bromine. If you decide on bromine you need to have a bromine reserve in order for it to work correctly.

You also have to have your PH in the 7.2 to 7.6 range, calcium in the 150 to 400 range and as far as alkalinity - I wouldn't worry about it unless the PH bounces a lot.

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 05:57:19 pm »
Please help!!

Monopersulfate is the lowest it can get.

Monoperoxysulfate is an oxidizer and has low disinfection qualities.    once it oxidizes all that it can you will see no residual.  

Vinny's advise was correct when he said you need to get a sanitizer(chlorine) and add it after each soak.  MPS can be used weekly as a shock treatment.

Some people here use MPS as their primary sanitizer and say they have good luck.  I personally feel that a 3-5 ppm dose of chlorine(test 20 min after adding) is far more effective
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 05:58:00 pm by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 06:33:27 pm »
Thank's to each and every one of you, the advice helped.  I added SpaGuard Santizer and now my readings are:  PH between 7.2 - 7.8,  TA is around 80 ( should be higher) will work on that one, MONO. is in the OK range.  Ready for me to soak my aching back.

Thanks again!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 06:33:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42