What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any info on Caldera tubs, Help I float!  (Read 2580 times)

mcmishka

Any info on Caldera tubs, Help I float!
« on: September 29, 2006, 02:01:50 pm »
I tried The D1 Californian, floated all over the place.  We tried the Caldera Geneva and floatted in that one two, not as bad as the Californian.  Just wondering how some of the other Caldera models or the D1 Diplomat compare.  Any floaters out there that may have tried any of these models that can help.         Thanks    Mcmishka

Hot Tub Forum

Any info on Caldera tubs, Help I float!
« on: September 29, 2006, 02:01:50 pm »

shabba34

Re: Any info on Caldera tubs, Help I float!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 02:06:12 pm »
I tried The D1 Californian, floated all over the place.  We tried the Caldera Geneva and floatted in that one two, not as bad as the Californian.  Just wondering how some of the other Caldera models or the D1 Diplomat compare.  Any floaters out there that may have tried any of these models that can help.         Thanks    Mcmishka
The diplomat is a much smaller spa, so you may not float as much in that unit.  It also has his and hers loungers that may be more functional for you.

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 02:37:57 pm »
My wife is much smaller than you at 4'11" and 105lbs. She is also a floater and therefore posed a problem for us in finding a spa that she could either lay flat in a lounger or stay upright in a seat. Here's our findings. We ended up with the Arctic Tundra. Now, it's a higher end priced product, so if you're on a budget, this may not be for you. But the 4 corner seats are slightly reclined with armrests. My wife had no problems whatsoever!! The Kodiak is the single lounger comparable and the Klondiker has 2 lounges; one speficially designed for folks 5'6" and under.

We also like the Artesian Platinum series a lot. The Piper Glen is the 6-7 seat version and the Dove Canyon is the lounger model (my preference). Both fit my wife well with no or little floating. They have 5 pumps with individual controls - very neat!

Other units we looked at (all the major brands) either didn't fit us very well (D1 having very wide jet patterns; didn't even hit our shoulders) or were lacking in # of jets which we wanted. We did find that if you find a unit with a center footdome you can brace yourself against it and hold in place. Hope our experience helps you. Good luck.

anne

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 05:33:52 pm »
I had the same problem with Caldera. I did not float out of the Envoy or D1 Californian or Chairman lounges, but the Caldera was almost funny, especially with any jets on. I have heard people recommend dive belts or other weights, but I cannot imagine buying a tub that requires accessories for me to enjoy it.  I ended up getting a non-lounger tub.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 05:33:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42