What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: need advice on Artesian  (Read 2329 times)

tileman

need advice on Artesian
« on: September 23, 2006, 01:14:34 am »
What are your thoughts on their island series? I dry sat a Antigua(32 jets) today and liked it but I'm concerned about buying their ''low end'' spas even w/microban, dyna bright, nature 2, circ, ozone, ss jets, waterfall, chems, stairs, lifter, and delivery for $6499. Is the Artesian quality still there? I hope so because thats alot of spa for the $$$$$$.   Artesian owners with any of their spas I would love to learn about your experiences  as well.  Tileman :)

Hot Tub Forum

need advice on Artesian
« on: September 23, 2006, 01:14:34 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: need advice on Artesian
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 07:37:55 am »
Tileman, if that was your first impression of them, that their "low end" - walk away, you'll never be happy!

The Island series isn't their "low end" - that would be their Promo series. They do use somewhat different components than on their Platinum or Gold series but IMO they are just as good as any tub out there! You don't get fancier electronics, 6 pumps, get a shorter warranty and the jets are not the same size as the other 2 lines.

They use the same pumps that are on the upper 2 lines, use Waterway jets, Gecko electronics and have great pressure out of the jets.

I have a 2005 Grand Cayman with an aweful lot of stuff in it that didn't have another spa with the value that it had when I was looking. I also will go and say it's performance is better than some of the premium spas that I saw at the time.

I have only had jet issues (remember their Waterway) and my dealer has taken care of them. After my 6th jet went, I called Artesian and they did take care of my concern! Artesian has GREAT customer service.

It's funny ... my first impression of them was "WOW, how can this tub be sold for so cheap". Of course my dealer had it showing with it looking like a premium tub, My tub looks very similar to the Piper Glen she had in the showroom. As a matter of fact, there were few companies at the time that offered as many options on their secondary line the way Artesian did.

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 07:38:39 am »
Can't answer your question because I did not wet test an Artesian in my search.  Did you check out this site's review section up top or this site's:

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl

barshnik

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 12:06:25 pm »
We've had our Artisian Falcon (Platinum series 3-seater) for a month or so now, and absolutely love it.  

Toured the factory here in LV, and it is quite impressive.

John F
LV, NV

JeffB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 01:16:19 pm »
I have a 2005 Artesian Island Captiva. I have used it almost every day since the end of June. Obviousy, I like it alot. The Island series is a great value, as you are discovering. The water has been very easy to maintain. The high flow circ pump really works. The massage in the Island series is high pressure, but it can be adjusted down with the air and diverter valves. I like the high pressure, and it is one of the main reasons I went with the Captiva over other brands. The 2006s have new shell designs. Make sure you wet test to be sure you like the massage and seating styles. But from my experience, I don't think you have any thing to worry about quality wise.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 02:46:39 pm »
I very much enjoy my Artesian Island Grand Cayman.  

I too only have the one pump and 32 jets.  I did not pay $6,500 for mine (it was quite a bit less).  Having 2 or 3 jets would be way cool, but I didn't want to fork over another $1,000 or more for that option.

Artesian Island Grand Cayman

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 01:02:58 pm »
My wife and I didn't try an Antigua, but we did wet test a Grand Cayman. We liked it a lot except for the seat which in our opinion were very upright and not as comfortable as others we tested. I guess we felt that if they weren't comfortable for a short time, we wouldn't like them for extended periods as owners. The Platinum series seats are more reclined which we found more comfortable.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 01:02:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42