What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tri X Filters  (Read 2661 times)

Movinon

• Grilln and chilln
Tri X Filters
« on: September 05, 2006, 07:45:34 am »
How often should I run my filters through the dishwasher?  How often should they be rotated?    

Hot Tub Forum

Tri X Filters
« on: September 05, 2006, 07:45:34 am »

Spiderman

Re: Tri X Filters
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 09:17:06 am »
I wash mine every 4-6 weeks, but the only filter that seems dirty is the circulation filter.  I could probably go longer, but I like knowing my filters are clean.  Rotate your filters after you clean them.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Webini

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 08:49:02 am »
I wash mine every 4-6 weeks, but the only filter that seems dirty is the circulation filter.  I could probably go longer, but I like knowing my filters are clean.  Rotate your filters after you clean them.

Do you put in dishwasher detergent or just use the hot water to clean?  I'm a little gunshy about putting detergent in (don't want foam in the tub).  Or do you use detergent and then run through an extra rinse cycle?

Spiderman

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 10:15:58 am »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!   No detergent!!!!   Unless you like bubbles in your tub  ;)    I run mine through a normal cycle with NO DETERGENT!!  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Webini

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 11:27:05 am »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!   No detergent!!!!   Unless you like bubbles in your tub  ;)    I run mine through a normal cycle with NO DETERGENT!!  

That's what I thought.  :)  I've seen posts mentioning detergent and I thought the poster was just asking for trouble.

NWHotTubber

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 11:42:35 am »
We were told about once a month... NO detergent.

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 05:35:59 pm »
Also, make sure you don't have a rinse agent like jet dry in your dishwasher.  This is also a no-no.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 07:55:04 pm »
I prefer using a High Pressure nozzle to spray out the gunk. I tried the Dishwasher routine but I ended up hosing them off when I was finished.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 10:28:45 pm »
Funny...the detergent I use in my dishwasher doesn't make bubbles, only the liquid stuff that I use to do dishes by hand does....
I was told that Cascade type automatic dishwasher detergent cuts the crud without foam issues...just remember to rinse, rinse rinse afterwards...(that's what I was told, anyhow)
Just had to get my $.02 in there. ;)
RIP C-Rod

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 04:08:14 pm »
I would imagine that if dishwasher detergent was the foaming type, it would fill the dishwasher up and pile out on the floor. I haven't used any on my filters yet, but I bet it would be ok.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 04:08:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42