What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: finally purchased!  (Read 1887 times)

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
finally purchased!
« on: September 04, 2006, 06:57:35 pm »
After 4 months of looking and wet testing we finally decided and signed off on the purchase.  It was between Caldera Niagara and Sundance Optima and we went with the Optima.  The Niagara price was excellent and I really loved the captains chair, 1/2 lounge and external lights that are not avail on the Optima so it was not an easy decision.  However once we got back into the Optima we knew it was "the one" and felt it was worth the extra $$.  Dealer still would not budge on price.  Said prices had gone up due to transportaiton cost, BUT .... ("lucky" us) ... he would still honor the price he quoted several months ago (even though the quote was only good for 30 days).  ;)  

Decided on coastal gray cabinet & platinum interior. Unfortunately none were in stock so we have to wait 2 1/2 weeks which was disappointing but school is starting up so the time will fly.

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions and providing feedback.   This site is SO helpful to us newbies.  I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions once we're up and running.  

Hot Tub Forum

finally purchased!
« on: September 04, 2006, 06:57:35 pm »

dptubber

• 06 Sundance Marin
Re: finally purchased!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 07:14:43 pm »
Congrats!  2 1/2 weeks for delivery is great....I waited 5 weeks, but it was worth it.  See my post "Its arrived" for pics."  I went with the same color scheme as yours.  It looks great, especially at night when the lighting illuminates on the platinum shell.  Make sure you post pic when it arrives.

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:29:07 pm »
Thanks dptubber!  Saw your pics - your tub & setup looks really great!   I actually was torn between the copper sand and platinum.  I was leaning toward the copper sand because "the feel" in the tub (ambiance wise) has more of a natural setting (like a hot mineral spring out west, less clinical) and I thought it would be really nice at night... but my husband likes the clean white look better.  He prefers the reflectivity.   And the white/gray combo matches the house and existing vinyl railing on the deck nicely.  I also thought about Terms comment that some color combinations can begin to look dated after a few years and as much as I loved the copper color, I think it might look dated before the white.   :)  

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 08:31:30 pm »
You've made the decision we all wanted you to make. An educated one! Congrats! Can't wait to hear you in hot water. Stick around and tell us about it once you've got it.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 07:21:51 pm »
May you always have hot, clean, bubbly water!!!!

Enjoy Spatopia!!!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Bama

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 03:18:35 pm »
Congratulations!  
May all your bubbles come from the jets!
Tee hee

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 03:18:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42