What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Got my new tiger river installed today  (Read 4663 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Got my new tiger river installed today
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 10:58:02 am »
You can buy a color-changing light from your dealer - Tiger Rivers are made to accept it as an option. It needs to be the HotSpring/Tiger River type, the generic ones will not fit and the voltage is wrong.

Should be less than $200 - if it's more, email me and I'll ship one to you. You can install it yourself.

This light will gradualy go through a series of changing colors? Will the dimmer still work?

$200. Ouch.  I'd give it a shot for say $50. But us Tiger River onwers are a bit more frugal than some.  8-)
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 10:58:02 am »

dkersten

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 12:00:58 pm »
You can buy a color-changing light from your dealer - Tiger Rivers are made to accept it as an option. It needs to be the HotSpring/Tiger River type, the generic ones will not fit and the voltage is wrong.

Should be less than $200 - if it's more, email me and I'll ship one to you. You can install it yourself.

$200 or less?  wow my HS dealer quoted me $300 for it, but that was off the top of his head..   I understand that the IQ2020 board will pretty much control any HS accessory, so I figured that it could handle the different light options..

I am seriously considering the light, and I will shoot you an email if the local dealer quotes me over $200 on it after I make him look it up and sharpen the pencil.. I figure the project has me over $12k now and $200 more isnt gonna make much difference..

When they were installing the tub I noticed the light placement and it looked easy to replace.. I just wish the light on the waterfall would change with it.. o well.. I would still like to have different color options.. The blue is really nice, and now that I have settled into things a little more I am not unhappy with it, I just wish I had more colors hehe..

The other night I got my first opportunity to soak alone, with no kids and no wife around, and I turned off the light and the jets and it was pretty nice.. It was amazing how much of the city I could hear from my backyard.. there was a train running through town about 5 miles off and I could hear it pretty clearly.. It was kind of nice in its own way.. Now I just gotta do that at about 3 am when its really quiet..

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 12:46:51 pm »
very nice.

love the tree thru the deck!

enjoy!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 12:46:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42